“Nice rooms”

Red Roof Inn Southfield
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Not the fanciest place but its great for the price, the front desk staff was very helpfull except for the afternoon girl sarina, she was talking on the phone as she was checking me in. I came later that night and talked to spenser about her, I believe he was the manager he was very polite and willing to do whatever to make me and my partner happy.he gave me a 15 percent discount and He also gave me a complimentary water bottle and a MapQuest to where I needed to go. The rooms were clean but seen a hair on the bed. The housekeepers need to be wearing hairnets. But in all seriousness, great place for the price I'm happy with my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank terrytightpants

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Rooms somewhat clean but there were no towels in room...... Spenser was great help offered comp water and was very friendly....... The only complaint is there were some old fries on the floor.........

Room Tip: Book on priceline.... a little cheaper
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I checked in late night at 11:55 with my girlfriend and told the front desk I need a clean room and (Spenser) was an excellent help. He offered me a water bottle and he made me feel very comfortable. Room was clean and we had nothing to complain about. Good rates.

Room Tip: Superior king size is a Great room for business travelers
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fred J
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The first room we stayed in smelled like smoke. Later that night, I found two bed bugs in my bed crawling across my blanket. They switched our room no problem after showing them pictures of the bed bugs found in the bed. The second room is even more dingy than the first. The front door does not close correctly or easily. It also smelled like smoke. And the bathroom looks horrible- cracks in the bathtub, toilet looks eternally dirty, and the door does not shut at all. In addition, the internet was so horrible during the day that I had to go to Starbucks to get any work done. Kudos to those who had great rooms here but for the most part, this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Sleeping with the lights on tonight...

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank OnTourTraveling
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Before I start I want to give kudos to the housekeeping staff because they are friendly and my room was spotless. But....For a non-smoking hotel my room stunk of stale cigarette smoke. Perhaps this is due to the prior guest. Housekeeping came to my room right away and sprayed air freshener which helped a lot. I asked to keep the bottle of spray in my room and was graciously told yes. I am allergic to feather pillows and I was speedily provided with 4 fresh hypoallergenic pillows. However the linens were very rough and cheap compared to other red roofs. The room was very clean and comfortable but there seemed to be some shady characters around the hotel and I did not venture out to get ice or anything because of this. The room was way too hot no matter how I set the heat and actually had to turn on the AC on low in order to be comfortable. Overall the hotel sort of felt gloomy and outdated. I am a very thrifty traveler and could have gotten better for the $60 I paid for this room in this area. I am a regular Red Roof guest in the OH, MI, PA, WV, areas and though there was a property much worse than this one, this particular property was the second yuckiest. Next time I am in this area I will go back to the Farmington Hills property or choose another flag.

Room Tip: Pillows are natural down and if you are allergic you may want to request alternates when you reserve...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank April R
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The staff was very helpful. I was offered a free bottle of water to signup with their loyalty program, but I declined. They gave me a free bottle of water anyway. All I was looking for was a clean room and free internet, and that's what I got. The next morning they recommended breakfast because they only have coffee, it was a very good recommendation. Thanks for the little things.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Johnny3620
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Helpful staff (Bassam, Bashar, Sarina and Hanan) make business stay away from home pleasant. Their willingness to go the extra mile is awesome.
Grounds are well maintained. New large screen TV's are a joy to watch.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business