“Perfect place.”

Red Roof Inn Southfield
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here on Friday and it was perfect. I stayed in a double on the third floor. They had an elavator that was helpfull. The guest service rep was awesome!!! I would stay here any time of the year. The rates were great and it had free wifi and coffee and tea in the lobby.

Room Tip: It feels like home. the Staff is awesome
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Chris F

Reviewed November 3, 2012

UN SAFE FACILITY! I was in this hotel for 3 nights on business. The second night there were several youths brawling in the parking lot. it started about 1:30 , i tried until after 2 to get anyone on the phone. There was NO ONE In the office, I spoke with two other people staying in the hotel that also were unable to get anyone on the phone! At which point i called 911
The next morning i asked to have the Manager call me, in my room or on my cell. HE BLEW ME OFF! No Call not even an attempt!! In my opinion this facilty is NOT SAFE , The room was clean, desk clerks were nice, but the Manager (Huh!) he is a complete and total joke!! he does not care and i would never stay in or advise anyone to stay here. CAUTION, an ounce of pervention.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Charles B
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I read the other reviews and wonder if I had stay in the same place. this is a private owned hotel. I found most of the staff to be friendly. I think the parking lot need lots of work. cleaning and paving. The outside looks trashy. The rooms I have had were clean but highly fragranced. Not great for the allegries. I have stayed here three times. But I am going to look for another place

Room Tip: go to the red roof phone center. Rooms on the back side are quieter. got an ADA room this time. M...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Sunny48911
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Bar none, the dirtiest motel in Michigan. Neither front desk management or Motel 6 Corporate seem concerned with bio hazard issues surrounding this facility. Be cautious of the positive reviews listed here that are just days apart and following negative comments on what is wrong and dangerous with this facility. I will never stay at a Dead Roof Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank CivilWarTraveller
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I go bed bug bites all over my body. I asked to talk to the wner/Manager a girl by the name Lonna would alway say that he was not around. POINT BLANK I NEVER SEEN I HIM OR SPOKE TO HIM. WATCH OUT FOR THIS PLACE. I went to the doctors to be examined and he said that I have bed bug bites. I then went to the hotel and even showed the staff my bites....they acted like they didnt care. DO NOT STAY at this hotel. It cost me about $80.00 per night I stayed for 2 nights, so no real savings..I had to learn the hard way. Now I know why the hotel was almost empty on a friday and Staturday night. BY the way the rooms have NO ironing board...I had to give a $10 deposit to use they iron...and used the bed as a ironing board. I have never heard of that before and i have traveled around in my 38 years of life. That Place is DIRTY and LOUD. Bed Bug Bites are the worst feeling ever and they leave ugly makes all over your body. OH, i was in room 127. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THAT HOTEL!!! IT"S NOT WORTH IT!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Neva411
Reviewed August 2, 2012

it was a place to sleep. The room stunk so bad like stale smoke that I had to leave my suit in the car. In retrospect I would gladly pay an extra 30-40 dollars to be able to fully use the room. I smoke and I couldn't even get used to it. There was no ironing board available, so I had to use the bed as an ironing board. The toilet paper was worse than anything I have ever tried to use. Really though it's the terrible smell of stale smoke. I don't want to go to an interview stinking like that and after one night everything I brought into the room stinks. The wifi was ok for my laptop, but my other devices couldn't pick up the signal in the room. I won't be staying at another redroof. Companies with independent owners should make sure there is consistency across locations.....ouch, maybe there is and they all stink like smoke. Little things like the remote control not working quickly make a $60 room worth about $20. There was a stink of urine or some other fowl smell surrounding the office. About to head down for some coffee....hope at least that is decent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tyler W
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I booked the room because it was affordable and the pictures looked like it was clean and up-to date. However, we came face to face with a bedbug while simply sitting on the edge of the bed without pulling back the blankets. We left immediately and will not be back. ever.
In addition, the office staff was not at all sympathetic, refused to give me anything saying I had checked out, and told me to call the online service through whom I had booked the motel for a refund. After calling the online service, I find that no one at the motel made a note that I had left. I will be contacting my credit card company for resolution. Saving a few dollars is not worth the trouble.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business