When I booked this hotel, I expected to find an upscale room with quality accommodations and exceptional service. I wasn't overwhelmed with my experience, but I wasn't disappointed with what I received.
Cost: I used Priceline to secure this hotel at half its advertised rate. I don't think the value I received is worth the hotel's retail rate, but it was certainly worth the rate I paid.
Staff: The staff was accommodating, but not overwhelmingly friendly. There were three women working the front desk and conversing when we arrived. It took them several minutes to end their conversation and greet us. And although the lobby and desk were completely empty, the staff treated us very hurriedly -- almost as if we were imposing. To be clear: they weren't unfriendly or unprofessional, but they were not up to the standards I've come to expect from Westin.
Housekeeping woke us up with a knock around 8AM. This is the earliest I've ever been disturbed by housekeeping staff. I'd highly recommend the "Do Not Disturb" sign regardless of how early you plan on rising.
Public Areas: The lobby was very spacious and accommodating. We didn't utilize any of the in-house food/drink options, so I can't attest to the service.
Room: Although Starwood has clearly invested considerable resources to help the rooms feel synonymous with other Westin properties, the Southfield location didn't have the same polish I've come to expect from other Westin rooms. The room felt older and less impressive than I've experienced at other Westins. Additionally, the air conditioning was struggling to keep the air cool. We left the thermostat set to 60-degrees (as it was when we arrived), but the room was barely comfortable. We had to sleep without covers.
Parking: I chose the Southfield Westin over the DTW property because of the complimentary parking. We parked alongside the hotel without difficulty. Additionally, there's a garage that seemed to offer plenty of space.
Summary: I would definitely stay here again. The hotel was convenient and the bed was comfortable. But there are several opportunities for this hotel to bring itself up to the standards held by other Westin/Starwood properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the quiet suburbs and only being 20 minutes from downtown, The Westin Southfield Detroit is near many Fortune 500 headquarters and with access to the Southfield Town Center's 5 corporate towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Southfield Detroit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Southfield Detroit Hotel Southfield
- Westin Southfield Detroit
- Southfield Westin