I didn't have much time to really check out the hotel as my delayed flight had me arriving just after 2am. I was surprised and frustrated that there was a line to check in at this time and the front desk person did not seem to be any rush to expedite the process. The room itself was nice, but needed some maintenance (one phone didn't work, a light bulb was out, etc.)
There were two saving graces. First, they have a minimal late night menu so I was at least able to grab a quick bite in my room while getting ready for my morning meeting. Second, there were two very helpful gentlemen in the valet department. When I walked in at 2am after finally finding the place even with GPS, the guy cleaning up the lobby offered to valet park my car and was so nice about it. He was also the person who brought up my sandwich incredibly fast 20 minutes later. The next day I forgot to call down in advance for my car, but another valet still had it waiting out front by the time I got off the elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the quiet suburbs and only being 20 minutes from downtown, The Westin Southfield Detroit is near many Fortune 500 headquarters and with access to the Southfield Town Center's 5 corporate towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Southfield Detroit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Southfield Detroit Hotel Southfield
- Westin Southfield Detroit
- Southfield Westin