“Good Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Stay!”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed here with family for a reunion in July! Getting to the hotel was such a mess!! Construction everywhere! The hotel was so nice and the rooms were great. Housekeeping a joy they were there for the guest. Now Please do not eat at the resturant there. Rude, not willing to answer any questions, the fruit looked like it had been there for two days. The front desk was a delight and I will definitely stay there again. I will just bring my own food or go out!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BJJ19
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Family reunions can be a delightful time of laughs and inspiring family stories! We are honored that you chose The Westin Southfield Detroit during this wonderful time. Your comments regarding your dining experience have been shared with our restaurant managers so that every guest experience will continue to be positive in all areas. We hope to regain your trust to visit our restaurant again during your next visit. Thank you so much for your feedback. Stay well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2011

It was a pleasure to do business in Detroit while staying overnight at The Westin Southfield. The check-in was smooth and courteous -- asked for a high floor and was given one, but not by the elevators -- thank goodness! Our room was beautiful, the bed and shower were the usual Westin standards that are the best! The hotel lobby is stunning -- loved the look and enjoyed the beautiful water fountain. The free parking in the parking garage was handy, and connected to the hotel by a skyway. Convenient location right off of M-10, and a short convenient highway drive to downtown Detroit.

Room Tip: Got a great deal on hotwire -- check out the 4 star special!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Leeagle1
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
The feeling is mutual…it was a pleasure to have you as a guest at The Westin Southfield Detroit. It is inspiring to read the reviews of our guests and learn that we have fulfilled their every need. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We hope we can become your home away from home during your business trips to Detroit.
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The room is spacious,very comfortable and clean. The business center has computers, wi-fi connection and state of art color printer/copier. Besides pool & jacuzzi, the gym has all the standard gym equipments plus more. Most of them are the newest model, which I was a bit surprised since most hotel don't update their gym equipments.

But the most impressive part was the customer service. The manager there, Pam really stands for what customer service is all about.. She is courtesy, understanding and with compassion.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank AmySanJose95112
We were delighted to read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay at The Westin Southfield Detroit. Exceptional customer service leaves you feeling nurtured and fulfilled and we’re so glad that our team was able to do that for you. Your compliments will be communicated with them. The next time you are in the Detroit area, please come and stay with us.
philly
Reviewed June 22, 2011

the westin was great when I finally resolved priceline/westin issue.
priceline is great if nothing changes but hell if it does.. my brother is very sick in detroit.
Jason Nelson helped me the front desk manager.He is great and needs a raise
We book 3 rooms to come back 4th weeekend to see my sick brother.
Can you tell me why we cannot get breakfast coupons for 2 days.
I just ask as the some drunk people on the show hard core pawn were at the bar when i was there and were rude to me. bartender gave them . breakfast coupons We will come family probabaly come back and forth to detroit 2 to 3 times a month and need hotels. Do not want to bother jason. I want the general manager view to answer me please

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LisamanPhilly
southfieldhotelman2, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank you for this important feedback. I am glad our Front Office Manager was able to take care of your needs during your visit. I will pass on your comments. As for the other issues you raised, I am available to discuss in person at your convenience. Please call 248-728-6519.

I wish your family member a speedy recovery.

Regards,
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Let me just state the facts. There was A LOT wrong with this hotel so I will list them:

Nice looking lobby, but the room they gave us looked nothing like the website. This hotel markets itself to meetings and weddings. They have put most of the money into their lobby area, and have ignored their rooms. Upon our arrival, There was a musty odor and dingy lighting.

After traveling several thousand miles that day, we were looking forward to settling down, but we were greeted with mildew and sub-par air conditioning. Old uncomfortable furniture, a lousy bed that was not comfortable. The furniture is worn and amenities such as hangers and luggage valet are often missing.

BROKEN HANDHELD BATHROOM MIRROR. BROKEN SHOWER HEADS and PIPES DISASSEMBLING from the wall. NO WATER PRESSURE. Poorly equipped fitness room & pool are TINY. The PHONE FOR RENTAL CAR SERVICE AT THE FRONT DESK DOES NOT WORK. IN-ROOM COFFEE MAKER DOES NOT WORK. COMFORTERS ARE DINGY YELLOW.

The FOOD IS LOUSY. SERVER BROUGHT BURNED CHEESE BREAD to the table. Saw the COOK GO OUTSIDE and SMOKE while in uniform.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to have an event at this horrid establishment. Needless to say, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again if they GAVE me a room for the night.

What positive thing can we say about the experience? It’s over! Oh, This was the WORST travel experience ever. EVER.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank radiocinnamon
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
We sincerely regret any inconveniences that you may have experienced with your room and the cuisine at our hotel. Although your accommodations did not seem to meet your expectations of The Westin Southfield Detroit, we certainly would have been delighted to assist with any issues you may have experienced during the time of your stay. We value your input and appreciate the time taken to give us your feedback.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed May 22, 2011

In town from Nashville for a funeral of an elder member of my family. We have stayed at this hotel a few 'times before and it has been consistently excellent. The location is in a business district of Southfield so it is quiet and has a mostly business clientele. Rooms are fairly sized in comparison to other 4 star hotels in the area and have the Westin touch. Very comfortable sleeping and NO BEDBUGS!! (I'm paranoid about that with hotels.) Weight room is well equipped. Pool is clean and heated. Jacuzzi was a welcomed sight for my arthritic knee. The front desk staff was outstanding and helped me with a few requests and went beyond the expectation of good customer service. Especially helpful were Marvetta Lewis and Sheresse at the front desk. There was at least one wedding in the hotel during our stay which caused a few backups but these two individuals handled the rush with professisonalism, multi-tasking and speed. Hotel restaurant is quiet with good food an awsome breakfast buffett and an omelette chef. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Metropolitan Detroit area. Hope this helps you in your selection process. I hope you enjoy YOUR stay. ~ Barfield

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sowgoodseeds
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
We would like to offer our sincere condolences on the loss of your family member. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel. We are so proud that the Westin Southfield Hotel and its staff were able to make your stay a little less stressful. Your kind words about our staff are deeply appreciated and will be shared with our management team. Thanks you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This is a good, solid business hotel. As Westins go, it's not bad - but it's not spectacular, either. Basically, it's the Westin that you can take home to mother. Nothing spectacular, but solid. The service is good, the facilities are clean, and everything is very normal and average. Compared to the Westin-branded hotels you'll find in bigger cities, or across Asia, it's a bit on the dowdy side. But overall, not bad.

However, I feel obligated to point out one thing that was VERY bad: the in-room wifi. Like an increasing number of Starwood properties, this hotel has outsourced its wifi services to a secondary provider. That means that if you, as a guest, have problems with the wifi, you can't talk to someone at the hotel because nobody at the hotel is responsible for the internet connections, much less aware of how to fix them. That wouldn't be so bad if the outsourced provider was competent and/or friendly. But, alas, in the case of this Westin, the provider is an outfit called Safety NetAccess that provides a) poor wifi, and b) some of the rudest, and most condescending customer service that I've ever encountered in a hotel. The people who were supposed to help me connect instead treated me like a two-year-old and couldn't help me at all. No, they're not Starwood - but Starwood chose them, and thus I'm giving this hotel a 2-star service rating. I'd suggest Starwood fire them, pronto.

Otherwise, the service is solid, as is the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FeltonS
southfieldhotelman2, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Thank you for this important feedback. I am truely sorry for the poor representation and service you received by out internet provider. You are right, they represent us and I will follow up accordingly.

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southfield
Comfort Suites Southfield
Detroit Marriott Southfield
Detroit Marriott Southfield
#7 of 20 in Southfield
The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit

Been to The Westin Southfield Detroit? Share your experiences!