“Tough to write this..”
Review of Bacco Ristorante

Bacco Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacco Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 203 Restaurants in Southfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I’m a bit torn about this place. The restaurant was crowded on a weeknight but we were seated without a reservation. Suits and dresses were the norm for diners. Our server did NOT present a wine list, but when we told him we preferred red, he said we could pick from chianti, cab or merlot. Found that a bit odd, but went with it. He was very knowledgeable about the menu, and answered all our questions when we told him it was our first time.

The atmosphere was noisy, the service was mediocre, but the pasta was wonderful!! Bread was served by the piece (1” x 3”) from the ‘bread waiter’ who appeared exactly once and served one two-bite portion each. Dessert was overpriced.

When the bill came we were surprised to see that we had been charged $15 for a basic glass of red wine, $60 in total as we each had a second glass while waiting for our food. This explains why we weren’t offered a list?? I understand that the mark-up on wine is huge, but if the wine we had retailed over $15/bottle I would be surprised. In comparison, my excellent pasta dish was $17.

Just a bit stuffy for us, and with the ridiculous wine prices we won’t be back. But I would like their pasta recipe!

2  Thank ams92
There are newer reviews for Bacco Ristorante

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and met a friend for dinner here (at her suggestion, since we were from out of town) and the experience was wonderful. The atsmophere was cozy and the service was 5 star, as was the food. I had the whole sea bass with whipped potatoes and wilted spinach, but the lamb was tempting. The fish melted in my mouth. Really good. My husband had their signature pasta dish (with Italian sausage) and loved it. This restaurant was a great experience and we highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Ok, confession time. I have been going to Bacco's for several years now and just realized I have never written a review about them. It's pretty unbelievable since it is one of the best places to eat in Southeast Michigan! I have been there on normal occasions, special occasions, no occasions, and flat out just because - and they never disappoint! Their wine list is absolutely killer and if you let them assemble your meal for you it will be a great adventure every time. My wife and I have never been disappointed. And yes, I am aware that is a bold statement. One that I don't make lightly.
I could go on, but I won't. Just one inside tip: Ask to speak to Stoli. After a five minute conversation he will guide you through an evening your taste buds will never forget.
You're welcome.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great Italian wine selection. Very prompt and attentive service. Great nothern Italian food. And quite creative too... Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The food here was spectacular. I really appreciated that all of the meat and fish on the menu are listed with their origin. They also offer multiple vegan options. The atmosphere was nicely decorated, however, it was very loud and hard to hear our guests at the table. It was a Tuesday night and it was packed. I can't wait to go back. Yum!