“THE place for dining in SE Michigan”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bacco Ristorante

Bacco Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacco Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 201 Restaurants in Southfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Detroit
“THE place for dining in SE Michigan”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've spent 30 years traveling the world (often on an expense account) and have eaten in places from the Great Hall of the People (Beijing) to food-carts in Cairo to Michelin-starred restaurants in Paris and Hong Kong. So, I've a base on which to rate food, ambience and service. Bacco's has become my favorite restaurant in South East Michigan in the 6 years I've been living here.

Excellent food, consistently. And the service is quite good (albeit not world-class -- minor slip-ups with wine arriving 5 minutes after the entrée). The prices are moderate, too ($25-45 for the entree).

Bacco stacks up well against excellent restaurants in Chicago and LA; a notch below the best in NYC, too.

It remains my go-to place in the Detroit area.

• Visited September 2012

Southfield, Michigan
“amazing and delicious”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went here for our one year wedding anniversary and they took great care of us! The saying is true you get what you pay for...... The waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and the wine. We ordered a full meal and very thing was cooked perfect we had not complaints about anything left full and happy! Will be back for sure. It was a little pricey but for a really nice place is worth checking out.

• Visited September 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Perfect Pasta”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Every time I see soft shell crab on a menu, I have to order it. It was deep fried deliciousness. Split the seafood pasta with my lady. They split it in the kitchen which was very nice. Pasta was cooked to perfection. Seriously. Excellent course. Finally, split the kobe steak. Again, they split it behind the scene which I really appreciate. Steak was really good. The barolo that the sommelier recommended was also excellent. Service was great too. I can't say enough about this place. The dishes and concepts are not ground breaking but what they offer is preapared with care and precision. I am never dissapointed with this place.

• Visited July 2012
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Thank you Elena!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Once again, another outstanding dinner at Bacco! We went to celebrate our one year anniversary and were fortunate enough to have server Elena. Elena sincerely goes above and beyond to ensure that all of your questions are answered. She is incredibly patient, knowledgeable and thoughtful…every time I leave there I’ve learned something new! We dined on the patio which harbored a very comfortable atmosphere. Our meals and the wine were impeccable. We enjoyed a special which consisted of ivory salmon and the OUTSTANDING pasta dish, strozzapreti norcina.
Thank you Elena and Bacco for the perfect anniversary dinner!

• Visited May 2012
“Upscale Italian”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

One of the best Italian restaurants in detroit. Small with a nice patio in the summer. Service is good. Pasta, excellent. Vegetarian friendly. Reservations a must, especially on the weekend.

• Visited April 2012