“Horrible customer service!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Horrible customer service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The rooms are not equipped with irons but a steamers which is fine. Once we realized our did not work we asked for an iron and the hotel states we would need to pay a $10 deposit for this which does not fly as they should be providing something that works in the first place!! Lena the front desk agent is rude and has a very smart mouth as she became irritated at the fact we refused to pay deposit for iron. Despite this it was promptly brought to our room.

Secondly I felt from the look of the hotel I would take my stuff each day (had a 4 night stay) just to be sure things were secure in my car however I mistakenly left a pair of real gold earring in the room. After I spoke with the manager she informed me I can speak with the housekeeper as she turned in a necklace from a room earlier that she found. First why would you have a guest speak with your staff to only get more upset. She took down my number and stated she would call with final outcome as I felt I needed to be compensated but nothing. I have even emailed her and no response. I knew during our conversation she wouldn't keep her word.

Again Staff attitude even manager Faye is horrible . Do Not Stay!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cpinder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kalamazoo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is definitely lacking modern amenities. My room had a microwave and a refrigerator, but I was unable to have both plugged in at the same time. The sound on my TV was going, making it impossible to watch because the muffled noise was unbearable. I had to be careful when opening/closing the shower doors, I was worried they were going to fall off. Wouldn't touch the breakfast to save my life, I wasn't sure how old the milk was. The WiFi works occasionally. Front desk staff had a hard time figuring out my business reservations and which days I needed a room for, even with direction. Just a basic hotel, nothing fancy. Next time I would pay a little more and stay somewhere nicer where I felt safer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Butler, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Small lobby. Hardly a "deluxe contenential breakfast" - juice milk cereal pastry coffee.
Rooms above the lobby (indoor rooms) are nice. Bathroom is nice, but small. No pool or "extras" but price reflects that. Not as hard to find as others indicated... those darned MI left turns!
Pretty quiet, but then again we were there during the week.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Polly G
Southfield, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I live in the metro Detroit area, and would not want to stay at this hotel if I were visiting from out of town, due to safety concerns. There are many other hotels in Southfield that have not had the violence that this hotel has had, over the last few months and year.

Tip: Google the name of this hotel and "shooting" then "crime" and then "drugs"

Room Tip: Stay in well-lighted areas; protect your valuables.
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank HTOTMO
Shepherd, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was booked thru expedia and it was listed as a 3 star hotel. When we got there it did not appear to look like a 3 star hotel. But when we got into the room the room was much nicer than the outside appearance. Everything was just perfect. Slep well.

Room Tip: choose a non smoking room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Candy M
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Don't let the photos fool you!!! This hotel was horrible! I felt very uncomfortable staying here, but I booked through hotels.com so I couldn't cancel & get my money back. We stayed in a room with a king sized bed. The room looked very old & the walls were horrible. There was a stinch in the room. It just didn't feel clean! The ONLY positive thing about this hotel was the bathroom. It was very nice & up to date. I would NEVER stay here again or recommend this place to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the pictures!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Michelle G
Logan, UT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I chose this place based on the customer reviews, what I found was completely opposite. The room smelled bad, like a casino gambling floor. The cont. breakfast is a joke, a small area that three people would have a hard time fitting in. check-in was a joke, the doors were locked for security and I had to check-in through a secuity glass, who wants to stay in an area where they lock the front door for security and you are standing outside looking over your shoulder.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business