“Introducing my husband to regular Coneys”

Kerby's Koney Island
Ranked #15 of 201 Restaurants in Southfield
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Introducing my husband to regular Coneys”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband is from Cincinnati and grew up eating Cincinnati Chili & cheese coneys. I grew up in Michigan and was raised on coney islands. He had never tried one, so while visiting our son in Farmington Hills, we stopped at Kerby's for lunch. We were greeted promptly by the manager and given our choice of booths (they were busy, but not overly so). The decor is typical car memorabilia, and the booths were comfy. The menu was varied, with "Yeros", coneys and burgers. My daughter-in-law requires gluten-free, and while there was no dedicated GF items, she got a burger, which she said was quite good. I got a Coney, chili, onions and hot dog. I was pleased, but the bun tasted a bit stale. My husband and my son both got the deluxe version (adding seasoned beef and cheese sauce). Hubby was not impressed and said he preferred Cincinnati Chili. My son, a diehard Cinci chili fan, said they were good, but agreed with his dad. The only true negative was our server. While not rude, she was certainly not the most pleasant waitress I've ever had. She brought out our fries and coneys first and we had to wait about 5 minutes until she brought out the burger. Timing is everything. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant, it was decent and inexpensive.

• Visited May 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

You get what you expect, which is terrific! Great for breakfast or lunch. Great prices for delicious food.

Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Is nasty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

The building look good from outside and look good from the inside put the food is nasty and the service is so rude I will never go back

Bingham Farms, Michigan
“Great place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Fast service and good food and a terrific breakfast also though my brother ate a coney dog--there is something for everyone and it is all good.

Visited November 2013