“HUGE MEAL, GOOD FOOD, GREAT VALUE”

Nikola's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 203 Restaurants in Southfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went to this restuarant with previous resident of the area; Initial service was a little slow but the food made up for it;
4 of us --- I had 12oz bacon cheeseburger with coldslaw and fries; Arrived after a long than expected wait but it was great; 2 very large hand formed juicy patties well done as requested; fresh lettuce and tomato with just right melted cheese. I could not eat the entire burger -- it definitely was 12 oz's; The fries were crisp and not greasy with good flavor. The coldslaw was served in a large cup -- again fresh; Mostly mayo based with a slight bite
The diners had a) fried chicken with shimp -- looked like a very large double breast with wings and leg -- huge serving also b) special pork and beef burger -also huge and got good comments -- c) a huge slab & a half of tender ribs with great sides.

The facility was somewhat dated and a little worn but when the food is the thing, this is the place.

There are newer reviews for Nikola's Restaurant

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Nikola's has been around for years and when I'm in town, I try to stop in for lunch on dinner. Their food is awesome! I have had their ribs, shrimp, Greek grilled chicken salad. My newest thing to try was their broasted chicken. It was juicy and very tasty. I also love the bread and BBQ sauce. Good stuff!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The regular ribs were wonderful! I did want initially the baby backs but they were out of them. Though I was disappointed, the regular ribs were wonderful and I was not sorry that I tried them. The collard greens were great. My order seemed complicated as it wasn't complete and I didn't get all that I ordered, but since I had enough for a healthy doggy bag, I didn't complain. The food had by all in my party was wonderful. I had not been there in over 6 years, but was again glad I came. Great for families. Gets a little crowded after church making things slow down a little. Great and nicely priced dessert options (peach cobbler, carrot cake, cheesecake, a chocolate brownie sundae and more), but I didn't get a chance to try them this time.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stopped here because of Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. My husband had the whitefish. It was a huge fillet and the sides were double the size you usually get. I had the broasted chicken and BBQ rib combo. The two pieces of chicken was moist and tender and the SEVEN ribs bones that came with the meal were large and meaty. Best I ever had.and much more than I could eat. The side of sweet potatoes were good also. Decor and atmospher was better than your typical BBQ place and there was a jazz band playing in the evening.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food here is very good, prepared freshly. The dining area is elegant and has an upscale feel. The waitstaff is a little slow at times but very nice overall! Most entrees are under $15-20 very affordable. It's nice for families to dine out also. I would highly recommend this place. Can be very crowded on holidays!!!!