“best deli sandwiches around.”
Review of Star Delicatessen

Star Delicatessen
Ranked #3 of 208 Restaurants in Southfield
Cuisines: Delicatessen, French
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed December 29, 2011

great deli, great food, pricey, but worth every bite!

Reviewed December 21, 2011

We go here every time we're in Detroit. All the food is great - corn beef, pastrami, cole slaw, potato salad, pickles, etc, etc. Very friendly staff.
Carryout only, but that's OK.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Excellent sandwiches, like no place else I've ever been! Meat piled on, tasty deli bread, scrumptious side dishes too (macaroni salad, potato salad, coles slaw).

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The pastramai on rye and chocolate cake were great, but not so great that I would go back. The service was disengaged, and even though I was the only customer in the place I felt as if I was really bothering the staff and they would have much prefered I walk out of the door and not bother them with my order. The few questions I asked were answered with a less then positive response. I can spend my money anywhere, and I won't make the mistake of coming back here. Again, the food was great although a bit pricey.

3  Thank Susanilz5
Reviewed August 10, 2011

corned beef special.... thats it, never had anything else, just the best corned beef ive ever had since carnegie deli in new york.... i would drive four hours to eat the sandwich.... it is that good....