“Unique, High Class Restaurant”

Sweet Lorraine's Cafe & Bar
Ranked #5 of 203 Restaurants in Southfield
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Edwards and 12 Mile Rd.
Description: World Beat Cuisine with a consistent dose of creativity, an ever-evolving, unique & mouth-watering menu of completely satisfying items that will have you counting the hours before you return. A fantastic selection of daily specials, house-made soups, pastas, seafood, steaks, vegetarian and gluten-free offerings - inspired by exciting ethnic cuisines.Favorites include Five Spice Calamari to Avocado Crab BLTs, and Pecan-crusted Chicken breast as well as a wonderful selection of fresh-baked desserts including Apple Brown Betty...Delicious!Think about Sweet Lorraine 's for brunch, lunch, dinners and special events (from family gatherings to social & business meetings - Sweet Lorraine's will be happy to accommodate your group).
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very pleasant atmosphere. Prompt, courteous service. Wait staff are attentive, but not desperate for attention, if you know what I mean. Their menu is kind of unique. Food is delicious and well presented. It is not a cheap place, but definitely worth it. Desserts are outstanding. Perfect place for any occasion.

1  Thank 135catherineg
There are newer reviews for Sweet Lorraine's Cafe & Bar

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We took my 93 year old in-laws, my 30-something son and daughter and we all had excellent meals, service and atmosphere. The staff were helpful seating us as my in-laws both use walkers and were attentive, but not too attentive. We all enjoyed the food and the full experience.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I am still confused about what happened when we ate at Sweet Lorraine's during Southfield's Restaurant week recently. We found postcards and a flyer proclaiming Sweet Lorraine's participation in the event on nearby tables as we entered the restaurant. This is the event wherein a 3 course meal (usually a newer, creative offering) is served for between $15-$35 per person depending on the classiness of the place.
When we inquired to the manager, we were shown a piece of paper with the specials of the day, and told that this was their restaurant week offering. The specials were neither new nor creative, nor were they part of any three-course meal. That was disappointing, as we would have gone elsewhere to celebrate our city's restaurant week.
Our waitress was very bubbly, but she quickly became overwhelmed by the customers and the new kitchen help who apparently had trouble getting food prepared in a timely fashion. The wine, an average pour was good as would be expected at nearly $8.50 a glass. The spice bread was served warm and that was nice with the red dip sauce.
My companion enjoyed his lemonade. His shrimp and grits were flavorful too. I found the petit Lorraine salad with poppy seed dressing just right for me. All of the ingredients were fresh.
We tried the fresh baked, soft chocolate chip cookie dessert with a cup of decaf coffee. The coffee was served hot and fresh, at least initially. As we waited and waited for our waitress to reappear with the bill, I requested another cup of coffee. Unfortunately that second cup was served luke warm and was not drinkable.
Ah well, maybe it was an off day, in the week for Sweet Lorraine's.

2  Thank VaporK8
Reviewed March 27, 2014

After reading the reviews, we went in with an open mind and we're glad we did! Since we didn't call ahead on a Saturday evening we expected to wait for a table. They were happy to accommodate us with ok tails and a snack while we waited for 15 min. The atmosphere was upbeat and the quirky deor makes the place more interesting. We opted for a variety of small plates in order to sample a variety of dishes. Crab cakes were great, lobster Mac n cheese had plenty of lobster and the shrimp crostini...yummy. The cocktails were great. Our servers were awesome. We had a great experience and look forward to going again!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I've been wanting to try this place for years. I used to love the food at their Madison Heights cafe location back in the day. I think service was definitely their downfall. Came in for a late lunch and took a few minutes to get seated even though the place was nearly empty. Took even longer to get a server to the table. After asking a few questions about the quiche of the day, I decided on the Niçoise salad. Well, what did the waitress bring, but the quiche of the day. I was too hungry to wait longer for them to prepare what I really ordered, so I just took the quiche. It was OK, but not as good as I imagined. Kind of expensive for a small piece of quiche and a bunch of grapes.

No one seemed very friendly or welcoming here. Funky atmosphere with loud music, so can't imagine trying to carry on a conversation.

Waited awhile for my check to come. Finally had to get up and hunt the waitress down to pay my check. Won't be back.

3  Thank Hotelsnobb