“Classic dining establishment for YEARS”

Sweet Lorraine's Cafe & Bar
Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Southfield
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Edwards and 12 Mile Rd.
Description: World Beat Cuisine with a consistent dose of creativity, an ever-evolving, unique & mouth-watering menu of completely satisfying items that will have you counting the hours before you return. A fantastic selection of daily specials, house-made soups, pastas, seafood, steaks, vegetarian and gluten-free offerings - inspired by exciting ethnic cuisines.Favorites include Five Spice Calamari to Avocado Crab BLTs, and Pecan-crusted Chicken breast as well as a wonderful selection of fresh-baked desserts including Apple Brown Betty...Delicious!Think about Sweet Lorraine 's for brunch, lunch, dinners and special events (from family gatherings to social & business meetings - Sweet Lorraine's will be happy to accommodate your group).
Detroit, Michigan
“Classic dining establishment for YEARS”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I can't believe that this place is still serving up some nice swanky meals after all of these years. This was the place back when I was in high school, I would try to impress dates by bringing them here. And now that I've aged and settled down- Sweet Lorraine's still impresses with its fresh flair for food. The service has always been stellar and the menu has evolved over the years. The daily specials are amazing as are the drink selections. The atmosphere is bright and lively but not to the point of being obnoxious. One can still hold a conversation with the person across from you without yelling even during the peak hours. Over the years I've recommended this place for people's special occasions and have brought many out-of-towners here. Sweet Lorraine's has always been one of my favorite places for all of the things they do well.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“A Sensory Feast”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently took some friends from Chicago to Sweet Lorraine's Cafe for lunch. They were so delighted they said it would be worth the drive just for the lobster Mac and Cheese! The restaurant is decorated with lively colors, lighting and art. No matter where one sits, there is something fun to catch interest and spark conversation.The staff is friendly and efficient and the menu is varied with unusual offerings as well as standard fare. There is something for every taste and dietary need.The portions are healthy and the prices are moderate.

Redford MI
“local quality food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I like Sweet Lorraine's Cafe because I know I can get quality food creatively prepared. The menu changes to keep me coming back. The atmosphere in Livonia and the original are both comfortable and make a nice date place or have time to linger with friends.

Visited November 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Can't believe I'm just now experienced Sweet Lorraine's”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Always drove by the restaurant but nothing ever pulled me in. I had no clue of what this place had to offer. Well...thanks to Social Living ...a coupon brought me in and this was a very delightful visit. I had calamari...it was a LOT and very good. I also has the crab cake avocado sandwich...it had applewood smoked bacon, tomato and lettuce on it. Very good! I will be back.

Visited January 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Sweet - Healthy and Scrumptious!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have thoroughly enjoyed every meal I have eaten at Sweet Lorraine's Cafe. I have been there many times for lunch and dinner, both with friends and alone, at different times of the year, when the restaurant was busy and when it was quiet. This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants here in the city. I have always had a great time and a great meal! The service is friendly and attentive. The food is always fresh, local and healthy. It is always well presented. There is always a wonderful variety of seafood as well as vegetarian dishes to choose from. Perfect! Eat here. You won't regret it!