“Some stuff better than others”
Review of Beans & Cornbread

Beans & Cornbread
Ranked #2 of 203 Restaurants in Southfield
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Matthews, North Carolina
“Some stuff better than others”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Sweet potato muffins were awesome but the cornbread was rather salty and dry. Salmon gumbo was more salmon than gumbo but it was tasty. Was rather disappointed in the beer selection given all of the excellent craft brews available in Michigan.

• Visited April 2013

Wixom, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sweet Potato Muffins!!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I love this place! I love all things sweet potato, and their sweet potato muffins are some of the best things I've ever eaten! Their cornbread is great too!
They've got a bar too, so if it's busy, you can grab a drink while you wait to be seated!

Visited November 2012
Southfield, Michigan
“Great catfish and southern cooking”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My spouse and I eat here often and sometimes get carry out. The blacken catfish is always excellent, love the cornbread and the sweet potato's make a good dessert. Try the Obama drink or peach martini if you like fun "girl" drinks.

Visited February 2013
“Not southern sol but really good”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our second visit. The first time I had meatloaf with rice and red eye gravy. The meatloaf was good but that wasn't southen red eye gravy! It was tasty, just not authentic.

This visit both my colleague and I order the chicken and waffles. Very good! The chicken was tender, moist and tasted great. The waffle was light as air. Typically a heavy meal, this was not.

I could eat it again right now!

Very friendly and fast service. Reasonably priced. Two large lunches plus drinks for less than $20.

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never go!!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My friend was talking about this place so we all decided to check it out, it was 8 of us. It took a minute to get seated but understandable because the place is so small. When we got food anything that was not deep fried was cold, everybody had something missing, the pork chops were dry in tough. There was two other parties complaining about the exact same thing. The manager was not to accommodating to anyone's complaint it was like sorry pay for your cold unseasned food and because of the size of our party they added the service charge so we had to tip for our bad service.

1 Thank dester915