Comfort Suites Southfield
Orbitz.com
$199
Westin.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanbreakfast was deliciousnice hotelindoor poolhotel staydetroit areabusiness centeroff the highwaybusiness tripeasy accesslawrencederricktechmichigancleanlinessconference
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at 2 hotels during the week of June 9-13, 2014. Early in the week I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in New Orleans, LA and the latter half of the week at the Comfort Suites in Southfield, MI. And I prefer the Comfort Suites in Michigan over the Ritz Carlton. The continental breakfast at the Comfort Suites was exquisite, the room was better maintained, and the staff actually knew something about the events going on around the area or at the hotel. And I say this even in the midst of the remodelling taking place. All of these made my stay in Southfield very enjoyable. So here is my shout out to the Comfort Suites. I have never really had a hotel that I prefer before. I do now. Thanks a bunch.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite as we had a few of us planning to share the room. It was quite roomy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

I am honored to hear that our hotel Comfort Suites Souhfield is your hotel of choice!!! We sincerely thank you for your kind words of praise.

Our hotel was recently renovated and glad that all of our accommodations and customer service exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel did an awesome job with what they had. The staff was very helpful. Since we had booked most of the hotel for our event, they were very gracious and helpful. We did have some issues with other "guests" drinking and making our team members nervous to venture back out into the hallway.
Breakfast was ok. Dry eggs, and make your own waffles. Fruit, cereal, coffee. The toaster did break the second day we were there.
Location was ok. Wendy's is next door and a diner on the other side of highway. VERY easy on and off highway. A very business/office building area.
Indoor pool was just ok. A bit small and smelled very much of chlorine. By midday it was too hot to sit in the room. There was no where to sit outside (i.e. courtyard, patio.)
We also "forgot" to take the do not disturb sign off the door the first day. The second day the girls were sleeping in and they did not clean up the room after 11. We ran out of TP and had to keep asking for new towels. Part of that was our fault.

Room Tip: First floor looks right onto the parking lot. Would have to keep curtains closed or everyone can see into your room as they walk into the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for reviewing our property on tripadvsior!

I am glad to hear that our staff was able to assist you and your group during your recent stay.

Thank you for addressing your issues and concerns. We will be addressing the following departments.

We are glad you choose our hotel.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel is being renovated and we got one of the newly remodeled rooms. It was clean and spacious and perfect. The hotel staff are EXCEPTIONAL, especially the front desk folks. Attentive to all our needs. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

We are extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.

Our staff is amazing and very attentive to all of our guest needs.

Thank you for making our hotel you "choice" hotel during your recent stay.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The staff is the best part of staying at Comfort Suites!
I have been staying at Comfort Suites for over two years on a regular basis. Each time upon my arrival I am always greeted by name with a smile.

• Stayed: June 2014
David D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice when traveling to the Southfield/Detroit area. We are glad that our friendly staff and comfortable rooms made your stay an enjoyable one.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for almost two years now very frequently (by that I mean almost every week for at least one or two nights). I have always been treated marvelously. My room is always neat and clean. The beds are fantastically comfortable. The exercise room is perfect for me and usually not busy. Breakfast is standard for hotels, but is always hot and good. The best part for me is the staff. Everyone here goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and although I am now supposed to stay at another hotel in town, I continue to stay here because it is almost like home now and I always leave feeling well cared for.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We are glad that you and your colleagues have chosen our property for your overnight accommodation needs.

I am honored to hear that our accommodations are always pleasing to your needs and that my staff always go up and beyond to make you feel welcomed.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to your next visit with us.