“Front Desk Staff Are Like Family”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Southfield, Michigan
“Front Desk Staff Are Like Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I've been staying at Extended Stay America Detroit-Southfield-I-696 for the past 8 months. Barbara, Darryl and Tevin have been nothing but good to me and my son since we've been here. Barbara is an excellent manager. She's always nice and accomodates me for whatever I need. Darryl always has a smile on is face and always funny. Can't help but to smile after encountering Darryl when I'm having a bad day. He also helps for whatever we need and happy to do it. I have adopted Tevin as my "younger brother". He is always pleasant with any questions that I have and anytime I need anything, he's always quick to help, no questions ask. He is a very positive and bright young man. He has a smile that is golden and a big heart. I've have really grown to love these three EXCEPTIONAL people like family. The rooms are neat and clean and the beds are very comfortable. I also feel very safe here as a single mother. If you're looking for a short stay or an "extended" stay, I can guarantee you that you will enjoy your time here at this location. Thank you Barbara, Darryl and Tevin for ALWAYS looking out for me and Brian and EXTENDING your GENEROSITY!!! You all have been such a TREMENDOUS BLESSING!!!

Linda E

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I just wanna say...I stayed there for 5 days...and the staff...the building...everything...was perfect! I told Darryl I was going to leave a fabulous rating...so..Darryl (front desk)...here you go!! Kudos to you and your staff! I enjoyed my stay and will recommend it to everyone I know!! Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Parma, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff at Extrended Stay America were all friendly and helpful. We checked in with Vonya and checked out with Darryl. Both employees were great. The rooms were clean. Everything in the room was in working order. The microwave was quite noisy, but it worked. Our rates were very affordable. Beds were harder than we are used to. Not many TV stations, but we weren't in the room much and aren't big TV watchers anyway. Internet worked well. There is a small area with muffins, granola bars and coffee by the front desk. Grab and go is a good name for the breakfast! Perfect if you are in a hurry. We didn't use it, though. Overall, I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

overall a very comfortable convenient stay with very affordable rates. we especially were pleased with employees Tevin Gripper and Darryl who is ALWAYS at the front desk knowledgeable, welcoming and professional we have stayed there over a dozen times most because of them.

Room Tip: we enjoyed the king room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Every staff member - Barbara, Jeremy, Theresa, Tevin, Serena, MS Ruby and especially Darryl at the front desk - all were top notch. They were friendly, courteous, and did all they could to make your stay pleasant. The motel was clean and well kept. The room that we had was clean and a very good bargain compared to the prices others charged. We stayed twelve nights and would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Southfield, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was extremely satisfied with the customer service that we received from the front desk the minute we stepped in the lobby. This was not the hotel that we were going to stay in, but after watching the front desk clerk Darryl work with the regular guest we know this was the right place to check into for the week. Thank you Darryl and keep up the good work.

Brian R.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Where to begin...check-in. The lobby was rather uninviting with a portion of the check in desk missing its laminate. There was a filmy feel to the counter. Like it was not clean. The entry doors had smudges and dirt on them. First impressions are everything in the hospitality business. We contemplated trying to find another place to stay but had had trouble finding a room to begin with. The desk clerk Serena was an absolute gem. She found us a room that had been cleaned even though we were there before check in time. She kind and pleasant-a real asset to this hotel.
The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Not sure if it was from our room or others in the hallway. Room very definitely needed updating! Paint and a carpet cleaning would have gone a long way. The faucet in the bathroom turned one way to turn the hot water and the opposite to turn on the cold. Go figure! The beds were not too bad comfort wise. Glad we were there for only one night. The employees were the big plus here. As I said, Serena was awesome checking us in and checking us out. There was another gentleman who immediately refill the coffee pot with fresh coffee when I told him it was empty. Too bad the condition of the hotel itself made it a less than desirable place to stay. We won't return.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Southfield hotels