“Great place and great staff”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed April 19, 2013

In November of 2012, the inside of my home was mainly destroyed due to a flood. While my home was being repaired, I stayed at this location from November 2012 to January 2013. Andrea (the main desk employee) and Ms. Ruby (the main housekeeping staff person) were so sweet. The entire staff were nice and professional. I didn't have any problems with cleanliness in my room. The fact that they have rooms with kitchenettes is a great added feature. I recommend this hotel and this location to anyone who needs temporary lodging.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am extremely sorry to hear about the flooding of your home; however, I'm thrilled that you found the staff to be so warm and helpful, especially Andrea and Ruby, during such tough circumstances. That's something we work on with the team each and every day. I am also so pleased that you had a positive experience with the cleanliness of our hotel. Our entire housekeeping team works to provide those extra home-like touches for our guests.

Once more, thank you for posting your great review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I resorted to this lets say "Motel" in January of 2013 and I have to admit it was not a pleasant stay. I went to bed and when I awoke I had numerous bed bug bites on my neck and arm. Now you may think that I'm exaggerating, but when you go to the doctor and they document the incident and count 35 bites, then it becomes apparent that this is not where my extended stay will ever be. Manager was pretty careless also. The whole Southfield hotel scene is infested with bed bugs including neighboring Detroit.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Persisted
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you encountered a situation with pests during your stay. This is a situation we take very seriously and have strict procedures in place when any pest situation is brought to our attention. We utilize a pest elimination company to thoroughly inspect and treat the suspected rooms so that no further occurrences will continue. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked with our entire staff on the procedures for any type of pest activity within our hotel. We want them to be able to handle any guest concerns about such a sensitive topic. We have also enhanced our training so they know completely the signs to look for when servicing our rooms. It is our strong wish that your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mtomaszewski@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

While staying at the extended stay I found that the staff was extremely friendly and very welcoming and ready to serve any time I had any need. With the room that has been recently remodeled it was wonderful stay.The rooms always being freshly cleaned by the wonderful housekeeping. I have to say the friendliness an understanding I received from front desk especially from Dominick during the economic hard times and patients was the right kind of support I needed to put a positive peep in my step when finding a job was hard enough. I'm very thankful and grateful for the wonderful stay I had and I highly recommend this hotel to families and business people that have to have an extended stay and the cost of eating out gets too much and unhealthy. The kitchens are always fully supplied unlike other so called hotels close by!

• Stayed: December 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. I’m so glad to hear that the staff was able to provide some extra care for you – I will definitely let them know of your wonderful feedback. I am also glad that the kitchens worked well for you – they are such a great feature for the hotel!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I see the "excellent" reviews and I must say that I am SHOCKED. I stayed here for the 2nd time over the Thanksgiving weekend visiting home after sleeping on a sofa was not good for my back; ONLY because it was the hotel that accepted my Priceline offer. While I will say that this stay was much improved from my Thanksgiving 2011 visit, (marijuana smoking in room next door, inoperable light fixtures, loud heater, abandoned cars in parking lot, trash in stairways FOR DAYS) upon arrival, I advised the person checking me in 11/24/12 of the issues I experienced the last stay (although I did lodge a written complaint with managment in 2011), yet when I opened the door to the room I was assigned, I entered into a room with a bed that hadn't been made, pizza boxes and trash throughout. Either the room had not been cleaned and or there was still someone checked into it. Once I returned to the front desk, the gentlemen (Brian, I believe) was moderately apologetic and gave me another room, but I was still in awe. The room I finally did stay in did have operating equipment. My only issue is that although I love the fact there is a sink and "dishes," and a studio apartment like feel, there is never dish detergent or a dish towel or even a sink stop. Yes, I could have called down, but after experiencing my 2011 when I wanted fresh towels and was told I needed to go back upstairs to my room and bring down the dirty ones (as if I wanted to steal them), I was a little hesitant to receive another silly response and left well enough alone. I just made due as I learned that customer service is really that important at these hotels and that is sad because I love the area and actually used to live on Franklin, right around the corner when I lived in MI. Will I stay here again? I suppose so, if it is the hotel that accepts my price line offer, but will I be nervous? Yep!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I would like to first apologize for the issues you experienced during your first stay with us last year. As far as the issues on this visit, again arriving to a dirty room is completely unacceptable. I have already spoken with management and staff to ensure this is not repeated. While we do not offer dish detergent in every room, there is no reason why dish towels and a sink stop were missing from your room. I apologize for both. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. . I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels' other locations.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I love this location.....the staff is awesome....the rooms are always clean. In 2012 I was coming to this location every weekend for about 5 months just for a get away and almost hated going home because it was always quiet and peaceful here. I would and have recommends this location to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your very kind review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and your continued business. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We do hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for approx 2 months and I must say, it was a very comfortable stay. My children were safe. I also have a paraplegic husband and the staff went above and beyond to accommodate my family I would definitely come again to stay if I needed to.

• Stayed: November 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear you and your family were comfortable at our hotel. It's rewarding to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff took such good care of you. We appreciate your business. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel has excellent customer service. It is pleasant to come in and see a happy smiling face. Dorothy who works nights at the front desk is awesome. She is friendly, positive and uplifting. I would recommend the hotel for everyone. Business travelers or families visiting in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm so pleased to hear Dorothy was so welcoming and helpful. It's encouraging to hear such great feedback from valued guests like yourself. We appreciate your business; thank you for staying with us.