Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Front Desk Clerk Halima Was Very Polite And Professional. The Rooms
Were Very Clean, Access To The Highway Was Easy To Get To My Destinations. I Do Plan On Staying There Again On My Next Visit. Hope To Get The Same Quality Of Service. As A Former Employee Of The Extended Stay In Vegas I Was Very Happy That I Got The Same Treatment I Gave When I Worked The Front Desk. Keep Up The Good Work Halima And Other Staff Members.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Nell - Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad that our staff accommodated you with friendly and professional service. As well, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your clean room and our hotel's location.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was a very comfortable stay and the location was perfect for me. I could walk to the movies and the shopping right from the hotel. The rooms are equipped with a kitchen area so you can prepare your meals there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to right such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. It is good to hear that our location and fully equipped kitchen was an added value t your stay. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating and friendly service to every guest.

Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The exterior and location were inviting and the receptionist was good and helpful, The hotel location was also very handy, but the corridor carpet had serious stains and looked aged. The room was Ok, but the mattress was so hard and uncomfortable that you longed for sunrise. Also they should advertise for morning snack rather than breakfast, though the coffee was very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich O
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Rich - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location and that service our staff provided. Still, I'm sorry that you found our hallways to be unclean and the bed in you room to be uncomfortable. In response, our housekeeping staff is deep cleaning our carpets and we are looking into different ways to enhance our bedding.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate all feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at stf@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff were helpful. hallway carpet dirty. Soon as I got off the elevator smelled weed smoke and cigarette smoke. Our room smelled like a old nursing home mixed with newports. Chairs were stained like somebody urinated in them. Furniture cheap. Very sad. Dont Stay here unless you just don't care. Should be less than 50 $

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank bre1025
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your stay with us. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working on deep cleaning your room to ensure future guests do not experience the same issues. As well, our housekeeping staff is developing ways to enhance their cleaning procedures moving forward and our maintenance team is making repairs around the property as needed. Plus, we are in the process of upgrading our hallway carpets and room furniture.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Value of hotel room was not comparable to the accommodations. Adjust prices to fit. Also, offer a decent breakfast to your guest. Paint the lobby, clean carpet and take down prices on vending machines.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Dongereel
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We came to Michigan for a family gathering. We didn't want to spend a lot so this place looked good to us. Well...the internet pictures are very deceiving!!!
Coming in from VA the drive was about ten hours, so when we arrived to the hotel we were very tired. The front desk staff was wonderful. Even though we were about 4 hours early for check in, they were able to accommodate us and give us the 3 rooms we had booked. From the outside this hotel is nice. The location was great for our itinerary. Check in was a breeze. Once we got off the elevator I was disappointed. The hallway carpet shows the years of traffic. I said to myself ok maybe this is just the hallway...once we got into our room the disappointment was worse. The small kitchen wasn't all that clean, the carpet in the room was dirty, the beds make alot of noise, the bathroom had some mold and the closet mirror door was broken. Seems that the other rooms were pretty much in the same shape. This hotel definitely needs a major upgrade. Regardless if all these things we decided to stay. They had hot water to take a shower and the AC was functioning and since we weren't going to spend a lot of time in the hotel it was ok. Overall our stay was ok. We got what we paid for!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Evee63
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Eve - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know, we are in the process of upgrading our hallways with new carpet and new furniture for our rooms. As well, I am going to work with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and our maintenance staff to make repairs as needed to ensure our future guests do not experience the same issues.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at stf@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for our business trip to Michigan, The room is very confortable with kitchen and large fridge and microwave for people who stay longer period. But when I come to connect WIFI I couldnt do it so I ask for the internet cable in front desk but they dont have any. So my coworker and I had to ask for it tomorrow morning in the front desk to check our emails. I think the explanation to connect it is not enough. The room was very quiet and nice. The staff is very friendly too. But short trip for business persons may have better options than this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to connect to our WiFi. Please know, I am working with our new internet provider to ensure that this is not an issue for guests in the future. Still, I am glad to know that your overall experience with us was satisfactory.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comment. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at stf@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.