All reviewsfelt like homekitchen areabed was comfortabletrashpanssleeping
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at the Homestead Suites (Southfield, MI) previously and really enjoyed my stay. Conswella was very helpful and also a very hard worker dedicated to her duties. Whenever I came to the guest services desk she was very friendly and knowledgeable about near by restaurants and shopping establishments. Conswella is an excellent asset to the Homestead Suites and if I visit the Detroit area again I'll know that I will always feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Homestead Studio Suites Detroit – Southfield. I am so happy to hear Conswella took such good care of you. It’s always great to hear how our staff is delivering on our commitment to great guest service. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed one night, 3-29-12. When I walked into the lobby, staff was talking and not very welcoming. Ingrid was nice. The first room they gave me, the sheets had old stains or iron scorches on them. The second room, kitchen area was clean but there was a spot on the ceiling that was peeling....and left hanging. The mattress was not comfortable & I didn't sleep well. Both rooms, the Ottoman had multiple stains. I had no remote for the tv, and they never brought one that worked. My first & last time staying here.

• Stayed: March 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Detroit - Southfield. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed at the homestead while visiting Detroit for a week.The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was nice with a kitchen and free wi-fi. The area was safe and there were several restaurants near by. I would definently stay again.

Room Tip: The deluxe king rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to publish such nice comments of your stay at the Homestead Detroit - Southfield. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. The biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

We hope you will stay with us again soon. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have been staying at the Homestead Hotel in Southfield, Michigan since shortly after it opened until the present time. I stay at the hotel every other week. The hotel has become my "home away from home" .... the management and staff are great .... they are like family. They all take great care to make sure that my stays are always without any problems. I will be coming to Michigan for the next few years and this is the only place that I will stay ... mainly because of the management and staff.

Michael De Fortuna

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Michael,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Detroit - Southfield. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

Exterior looked okay, but once I walked into the lobby the impression changed right away. The room was even worse. The whole corridor smelt like paint, and as soon as I opened the room door I saw a run down kitchen counter top. Furniture seemed to be from the 80's, and my wife said 20 years ago it was probably a nice hotel, but I guess the up keep was lacking. The whole sink top in the bathroom was scratched up and it was made from hard plastic. The tube TV was for sure from the 80's, and the mattress of the bed felt like it only had 7 spring coils in it. The carpet was all right. The mirror closet door was cracked and the track was sort of grinding when I tried to slide it open. The two chairs were both dirty with stains. Nothing from the kitchen I would use for cooking because they looked foul and filthy. I actually thought about bidding for another room in the area and check out right away, but there was no internet access. I called the front desk and she said it was $4.99 a day plus tax for internet. The worst part of our stay was that they put us next to a few rooms that housed about a dozen people who partied all night till 5:30am going in and out of their rooms slamming the doors---I could not believe the front desk did not put a stop to their partying, because I am quite sure their noises made were heard even at the front desk since we were on the ground floor. I hardly slept and I was dragging myself into our car driving back to Toronto, Ontario. I had to make frequent stops because of that for I was so fatigued. This hotel is 1 star at best, and I would not trust Priceline ratings any more, because last time we go to Chicago we also won a 2 star hotel room at the airport and it turned out to be a 1 star at best also.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family