“great wood fired pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and i went there for the first time last week. It was a snowy week night, but the place was still almost full. The night we were there, their bottles of wine were 1/2 off, so of course we indulged, and brought 1/2 a bottle of great wine home. Their pizzas are creative and very appealing. I had the cappicola, hot pepper and kalamata olive pizza with marinara sauce and it was incredible. I would have liked it if the peppers were actually hot, but the flavors were amazing. My husband had white anchovy and kalamata olive, which he loved. I would have appreciated it however, if our server had been more realistic about the sizes of the pizza and salad. She recommended that we split a large salad, and each order our own pizza, and although I loved having the leftovers the next day, the portions werehuge. We could have easily split a small salad and one pizza and been satisfied (maybe with the caramel sundae) I have a thing about ambiance. My pet peeve is uncomfortable lighting, and although this place is very cute, the lighting is too harsh. It gives an otherwise awesome place a slightly cafeteria feel.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Wow, I was just told for lunch at 12:45pm that my husband and I could not have the empty round booth in the bar because it is a money maker for them and they said a party of 4 might still come in and was holding out for a larger party?! What am I chopped liver?! You had a paying customer standing in front of you who btw has been there 20 times this year alone, the bartender knows me and my lunch tab is usually about 50 bucks, but I guess that wasn't good enough for the management there. God forbid should a customer get what they want. Guess what, we left and you watched us walk out the door! Your non-money making customers as in US drove up Northwestern to J. Alexander's where they accommodated us in a booth and my bill was 68 bucks which I gladly paid! Your pregnant hostess was rude and your manager wanted to market survey why we didn't want to sit in your dining room but considering no booth in the dining room, still didn't want to accomadate us...your food is good, but not that good, see ya biga, you lost me forever!

4  Thank Elyse B
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Love the pizza at pizzeria biga... Service was good and the best pizza and salad in the area. it is a little pricey though....

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were told what a wonderful restaurant this was for the family. We arrived at about 6 PM and we're told that there was over an hour wait for indoor seating and we could get immediate seating and service if we ate on the patio. We were seated immediately and then waited over 15 minutes without anyone coming to our table. I finally went inside and asked if someone could take our order. Someone did come and take the order. The food came quite quickly after that for four of us and we had to wait additional time for one of the children's meals. The food was OK and then after dinner I asked for the check which came quickly and then we waited over 10 minutes and because no one came to pick up the check, I then asked another waiter to take my bill and process my payment so we could leave. This bad service experience made the dinner less enjoyable And I will never go back. I would not recommend Biga's to anyone who enjoys good service.

1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I strongly recommend this place. Minestrone soup was excellent. I also ordered a pizza, and it was thin and very crispy. It also has excellent selection of Michigan draft beers ( I tasted dirty water, and it was quite good). I sat at the bar and very much enjoyed the service.