Courtyard Detroit Southfield
QualityInn
$65
$95
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfire pitroom was cleanfront deskstarbucks coffeestaff was very friendly and helpfuldefinitely stay here againvery pleasant staybusiness hotelup to datefirst flooroatmealchecking inone night stayeasy accessfitness centerbistromalika
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visiting the Southfield area for business, stayed here two nights. My room was on the third floor, number 341. The room was comfortable, King size bed with a sofa in the room. Fridge under counter, TV was great, clean and had all the normal stuff a traveller would want. Shower was great, good pressure and enough hot water. Business center was good, exercise room had top notch equipment, pool was so-so. Overall a good place to stay, great breakfast. I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor, a little more of a walk to lobby, but very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Rick O,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your most recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that your stay was excellent and that your room was clean and quiet. I will share the positive feedback with our team. We hope that we will see you again soon!

General manager

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Pretty Decent Hotel... was visiting Southfield for work and managed to make a booking on the same day when I was supposed to travel. We reached late and had a smooth check-in. They have a small food counter besides the checkin desk to get some ready to eat stuff. The location was pretty convenient to us since our office was around 2 miles from here along the highway. Breakfast is average.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Nixforfun,

Thank you staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. I was pleased to read that your check in was smooth and that our amenities and location were convenient for your last minute travels. I will make sure to share the comments with our team as this means so much to us. As for the average breakfast experience, we are continually looking for ways to improve and hope that you will see this during your next visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

As a regular business traveler that has tried numerous hotels in the area, I prefer the Courtyard. The staff is very friendly and willing to help in any way, which gives this location a welcoming appeal. The rooms are clean,quiet, and comfortable, while the breakfast buffet provides a choice of options to suit anyone. The upcoming rennovations will only serve to make this lodging option even better.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Russ M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a response in regards to your most recent experience with us. We are happy to hear that we provided a welcoming appeal as this is our primary goal. We hope that you return soon!

Also, we are very excited for the upcoming renovation so that we may further meet and or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I only stayed for 4 nights but thoroughly enjoyed this hotel experience. The rooms are clean, spacious and quiet, the staff are really friendly and helpful, and there's a choice of breakfast fare that should satisfy anyone's palate and appetite. There's also a good sized swimming pool and gym to get your daily exercise. Overall I give this hotel top marks and thoroughly recommend it if you are ever in the Detroit area.

Room Tip: All rooms have air conditioning and I personally prefer a room at the back or West side of the hotel as it gets the most sun.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jeffrey T,

Thank you for providing feedback from your most recent stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield. I am pleased to read that your stay was most enjoyable in a clean room and that our staff was friendly and efficient at meeting your needs. We look forward to your return so that we may continue to take excellent care of you!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here when visiting relatives on the area. We chose this hotel over the Holiday Inn since we found a very good prepaid rate. We arrived at midnight after a long road trip, and at first glance I didn't like the place. We requested a courtyard room but it seemed they have none available; at that moment we just wanted any room so we could rest.
Next day we woke up fresh, and noticed that the hotel was much better that it seemed last night. We were situated on a corner on the back and we had a view to the parking lot, which was not bad actually. We could also see the buildings next to the hotel, so it was nice. We always had a parking space near the entrance, which you need your room key to enter. After 11pm, there was only one entrance for cars.
We had breakfast next to the lobby, there were few people so it was very quiet. 6.95 for continental breakfast, and 9.95 for the buffet. We tried both options and we were pleased, the service was attentive and made sure that our juice cups were refilled. They had omelettes made to order, so I tried it once, a little greasy for my taste. The fruit was good and fresh, and along the offerings there were cottage cheese, nuts and strawberry. We enjoyed our time there.
Room was ok, with basic ammenities, but clean and very quiet. There was a small pool that we saw every day that we went to breakfast, but never used it.
No problems with Reception, check-out was a breeze.
Overall, it is a nice, clean, quiet hotel that covers all your basic needs, I would stay here next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your most recent stay. I was pleased to read that our hotel was a great value for your and that our team was friendly and efficient throughout your stay in addition the clean room.

I would also like apologize that the Omelet fell short of your expectations. I have shared this feedback with my team to ensure that we explore any and all opportunities for improvement. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you return soon!