All reviews nomad restaurant awesome hotel unique hotel two bottles of water travel agent meeting rooms are rooms are beautiful gracious staff onsite restaurant this newly renovated hotel toilet and shower included breakfast easy access i highly recommend this hotel holiday inn convenient location excellent stay
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Booked this hotel via Priceline for a trip to Detroit and was pleasantly surprised!!! After driving from Columbus storming the whole way we just wanted to go to sleep!The hotel was brand new, Super Clean, and the staff was amazing!!!
The rooms were decorated beautifully. The Restaurant/Bar had a great food, drink, and prices. There was one issue with our sink leaking they moved us to a different room the next morning (they told us we could move that moment, but we didn't want to) Got to meet one of the owners J.C., he was helpful and very attentive. My daughter left her pillow when we checked out and he made sure that we got it back.
We will definitely stay again!!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Rajesh K, General Manager at Best Western Premier Detroit Southfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Thank you very much Mrs LVP, for your kind review. We are just 10 weeks old and any one off glitch is attended to immediately for the delight of our guests. We love our guests as they are the purpose of our business. Your observations are perfect. We have spent $15 million in the total renovation of the hotel from scratch, first demoing the building to bare concrete wall and then create a contemporarily designed luxurious hotel. We do not know if you were able to tour over 20,000 sq ft of meeting/business & social events spaces in the hotel or the 1000 sq ft of the great fitness center with outdoor views coupled with a hot spa tub and sauna. We are very happy that we were able to delight your lovely daughter with her lost but found designer pillow. We look forward to your happier return. Best Regards.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

My wife and I were traveling so I could have several days of meetings and she could enjoy a trip to an area we don't know. The Best Western Southfield, near Detroit, MI, saved us because my original reservation at a hotel adjacent to my customer had cancelled my reservation without notifying me. Despite being open only some 5 weeks, we found the staff to be highly professional, courteous, respectful and helpful, going the extra mile when we were checking out by permitting my wife to stay in the room quite late while I was still in customer meetings. Upon picking her up, I had the opportunity to meet and talk with one of the owners, who encouraged and valued any ideas we might have that could make the hotel and service, and he listened intently, eager to learn anything that can help make his hotel the best in the area. Very refreshing to have that kind of input anywhere, and to be encouraged to expand on suggestions is really unusual (in the best way). The room was spotless, the bed very comfortable, and all amenities clean and new. We'll definitely stay there again should work or leisure travel bring us back to the Detroit area.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tons of thanks Mr Harold, for your kind review and very apt description of what we are. Our super-friendly team is eager to look after you at all times with a sole aim to delight you. After all, you are away from your home when with us! Our team understands that the multi millions spent in this iconic property to create a contemporarily designed beautiful luxurious hotel would be worth the effort and money only when our guests are delighted. Our owners are very guest- centric and therefore the whole team exudes friendliness and helpful attitude. We look forward to your return often for delightful stays. Best regards.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

This hotel is exceptional in many ways. Recently redone, the facility has a good location and has many quality appointments. It is priced as a real value. We will stay there again.

R. Olmsted
Glen Ellyn, IL

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Rajesh K, General Manager at Best Western Premier Detroit Southfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you very much Dear Richolmy for your kind review of our hotel. You are right that we are in a great location on Telegraph just 0.5miles off I 696. We have kept us at a very affordable price to provide you five star premium accommodation and service at a three star rate as appropriately defined by you as " real value". We look forward your return for a delightful stay. Best regards.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

The old Holiday Inn in Southfield has been given a second life, and wow! Having interviewed and researched many businesses in my career, I can spot an extraordinary one from miles away, and this new hotel, banquet, conference, seminar and restaurant complex certainly qualifies. I would urge any traveler or business in the area to pop in and take a look. The amenities and technology are over the top, and the beds are like a narcotic. Chances are, you will find the owner, J.C., at the front desk. And the Nomad Grill adjacent to the hotel has some delicious offerings. I recommend the open face meatloaf sandwich!

Room tip: The hotel is a tower in the round, so the views in the rooms near the top are beautiful.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you very much for your encouraging review. We have spent $15 million for totally remodelling the property and recreating this Iconic hotel. Our restaurant is managed and staffed with the employees who worked with Coach Insignia in RenCen, downtown Detroit and they provide great menu. We look forward to your delightful returns. Best Regards

Reviewed August 7, 2017

This hotel has been beautifully renovated. I stopped in to see a couple rooms for family that is coming in from out of town. Amber who is in charge of housekeeping, showed me the rooms and also gave me a tour of the hotel. Amber was very nice, friendly and knowledgeable about the hotel. Amber introduced me to the owner JC.

The owner JC asked me to sit down to talk to him. JC and I had a great conversation about the hotel. I have never had a owner do this. JC gave me his business card for future use. JC was very friendly, nice and made me feel important to him, as that is how he is to guests of the hotel and his staff is the same way.

There are amenities such as special soft lighting in the rooms, guest laundry area, etc.
I hear that the restaurant Nomad is excellent, can't wait to try it.

I will definitely have my family stay here when they are in town. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Many thanks Ms Susan, for having been to our property and walked through each corner. Even more thanks for encouraging us with what you saw and felt about our super friendliness and newly rebuilt property. we look forward to your return for a delightful experience. Best regards.