“Better than average inexpensive hotel”

Hampton Inn South Haven
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
San Francisco, California
“Better than average inexpensive hotel”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

for under $100, it's a nice hotel - nice location near the freeway but only a mile or so from town. Nice full breakfast (great egg/cheese topped begals),cookies & popcorn in the evening, friendly. It's well maintained, clean and a good value

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tomfc
southhaven1555, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn South Haven, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained . We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and look forward in seeing you again at South Haven Hampton Inn.

Guest relation Manager
Hilton worldwide
Rashmi.Mehta@hilton.com
269-639-8550

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice place. Rooms are spacious and clean, laid out nicely. The breakfast was quite good and the staff was very nice and helpful. Price was a bit high but the quality and comfort were worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Guest relation Manager
Hilton worldwide
Rashmi.Mehta@hilton.com
269-639-8550
Nebraska
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff was great, but need to inform guests if they can't bring up pillows at night. Two calls and no results.
The room was comfortable and the breakfast was very good for a Hampton Inn. The morning staff were very pleasant and helpful

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
southhaven1555, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn South Haven, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I am sorry that you had this issue, I have addressed this with our front desk staff, and action have been taken that it does not happen again in the future, we truly appriciate your comments.
i hope this minor experiance will not deter you from visiting us again . If you have any questions or concerens please feel free to email me or call me.

Once again I want to thank you for choosing Hampton Inn South haven, and look forward in
seeing you again.

Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had a nice stay here. Found it to be very clean, breakfast was great and the staff outstanding! Location was good, as well. All of these things were above average except the price. I would have given it an excellent rating had the price been more reasonable. I highly recommend staying here if you can afford.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
southhaven1555, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn South Haven, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your postive review, will be passed to our Hotel staff, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value our guest comments and concerns.

Once again i like to thank you for choosing Hampton Inn South Haven for your stay, and looking forward in seeing you again at Hampton Inn South haven.

Cedarville, Michigan
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was originally going to go camping in southwestern Michigan but that didn't end up working out so as I drove around to different hotels in South Haven, Michigan rather late this past Friday night, I ended up deciding to stay at the Hampton Inn. I was aghast to see the cost for one person to stay overnight was over $200 but since there really wasn't another choice that late at night, I had to fork over the dough. My family stays at Hampton Inns when we travel and I have had good experiences in the past but had not stayed at this location before.

HOWEVER, think twice before you stay at this one...the room hadn't been cleaned well at all. There was hair and other disgusting things in the sink and there was a huge gob of hair affixed to the hair dryer that is provided in the bathroom. The shower head was moldy and I just was overall VERY DISAPPOINTED with the condition of the room. As I was looking over my checking account online, I see they overbilled me by thirty dollars for a grand total of $234. I would never stay here again; this is not a place that should be charging quite so much money for what they are able to offer. For this much $ I would expect A LOT MORE which they could never provide at this location anyway. I will be contacting their corporate office to see about this incorrect billing. YIKES.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank sunfish1313
southhaven1555, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn South Haven, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for your review, and I apologize for the experiance you had with Hampton Inn Southhaven, I have taken necessary steps to ensure that it will not happen again, we would really appriciate if we can invite you to stay with us and give us a change to show what Hampton Hospitality really is.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed August 3, 2012

South Haven was a perfect stop after 10 Hour Drive. The town and beach were awesome and the staff at the Hampton Inn made us want to come back. Price for a normal room seemed high, but I'm sure this was peak season. Also, great ice cream across the street! Thank you.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Brad2112
southhaven1555, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn South Haven, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with Hampton Inn South haven, and we value your business.
We look forward in seeing you soon.
Edwardsville, Il.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a typical Hampton Inn that met the usual high Hamton Inn standards.Nothing more, nothing less.The staff are friendly and the place is clean and well maintained. It's located close to the interstate and about a 5-7 minute drive into downtown South Haven. There is an ice cream shop located across the street.The city is about a two hour drive from Chicago. That offers a quick weekend getaway from the big city. If you want to be surrounded by folks from the Second City, look no farther. For me, I'm heading to Tracers city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JRTheChief
southhaven1555, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn South Haven, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for your postive response, and this will be passed on to our Hotel Staff,
we look forward in seeing you soon at Hampton Inn South haven.

Once again I like to thank you for choosing Hampton inn for your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Haven
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Hampton Inn South Haven? Share your experiences!