“Reasonable and convenient, especially if you like ice cream”

Baymont Inn & Suites South Haven
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Cincinnati
“Reasonable and convenient, especially if you like ice cream”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Baymont Inn is located just off of I196. Our room was spacious, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. This venue is very popular with families, probably because of the rates and the breakfast (which is ample). It's located just outside of town; it's less than a five minute drive to the center. Sherman's Ice Cream is not even a five minute walk--right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

GM_Baymont_S_Haven, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites South Haven, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your opinion with us, we greatly appreciate your input and are happy to know that you were pleased with your stay.
We look forward to see you again should you venture back into the South haven area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Harbor Springs, Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were in South Haven, a delightful Lake Michigan seaside town, for four days on business, having been there one year ago, also on business, at which time we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. This time we were in South Haven during peek tourist season, just before the annual Blueberry Festival, and rooms were at a premium. Whereas the Holiday Inn Express and its helpful staff made our stay last year pleasant, our stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites was a disaster.

Perhaps with time the facility, which was an independent hotel until recently becoming a Baymont hotel, will improve.

On arriving at the hotel we found the front parking area blocked off for blacktopping. At the registration desk the clerk originally denied me a room, one of four reserved by my employer, because he had not yet arrived to provide a credit card for payment. Only after insisting that I was not to be denied a room and giving the clerk my own personal credit card as a deposit, was I registered. Upon entering the room, I found the towel rack over the vanity broken, the door security bar fell off the door, the pamphlet rack holding brochures on the desk broken, and no open electric outlets available for my laptop charger. I soon discovered also that the wake-up feature on the clock-radio was not working. I brought these deficiencies to the attention of the front desk, but at no time during our five-day stay was any attempt made to rectify these deficiencies. I took the defective clock-radio down to the desk and received a replacement, but this radio was even worse, with the clock not functioning at all. I also asked for a three-way electric outlet plug and was given a one-way plug, which necessitated my unplugging the coffee-maker in order to charge my laptop.

The room was small and dingy, with average beds and pillows. Towels, on the other hand, were fluffy and generous. Housekeeping service each day of our visit was very good.

Breakfast selection was mediocre.

The most disappointing part of the stay was not the run-down nature of the hotel but the apparent indifference or inability of the hotel staff to problems presented them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the troubles you experienced during your stay. I agree that the black-top resurfacing was not well timed, however we did ensure enough parking around the building for all of our guests. I understand your frustration at check-in but due to requirements by management we do require credit card authorization by whomever the charge will be applied prior to entrance to a room. I am sorry for the state of your room and we are currently doing upgrades and renovations over the winter months. I will speak with the front desk staff regarding their service, though the plug they gave was correct. The only type of plug they are allowed to give out is to convert a two prong to a three. Due to fire code we are not allowed to supply or encourage the use of power strips of any kind.

I again, apologize for your stay and hope that you give us a second chance should you be in the South Haven area again.

Travelers are raving about these South Haven hotels

Livonia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Room was clean but dated, needs updates. Bachelorette party still roaming halls at 2:00am. Doors slamming all night. Needs more parking Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your room was clean as we always strive for a clean and comfortable stay for our guests. We are currently renovating our facilities to make them more updated and there will be quite a few changes over the next year. I apologize for the party, I will meet with the staff you determine a better way to handle late night rowdy guest. We are working on our parking lot and I am glad that our staff was pleasant during your stay. We do hope to see your again the next time you are in South Haven.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites South Haven? Share your experiences!