“Good food and service”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 8, 2010

After stopping at Clementines at 4:45 on a Sat afternoon over Labor Day weekend and being told there was an hour wait, we walked right into Maria's across the street. Hubby got the lasagna which had a fresh tomato sauce and tasted great. My cousin had the fettucine alfredo which she said was the best she had ever eaten. My daughter had linguine which had too much sliced garlic for her. I had the Caesar salad which was huge and had a fresh tasting dressing. The servings were so big we all took food home. The server seemed a little rushed but was very efficient and very friendly. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

Read the reviews before going on our trip and was so excited about trying this place....we got there and looked over the menu and was surprised that the prices were so cheap....We went on a Friday when they first opened and it was steady in there, its not a very big place so it was busy...the soup we had which was the sweet pepper crab was amazing, the bread sticks are homemade and very tasty...portion sizes are huge, we wish we would have shared....we will be eating her again when we return...

Reviewed August 20, 2010

My son and I ate at Maria's....I had read the reviews prior to my trip to South Haven. I had Oil and fresh garlic linguine. I would never order it again. It was ok but the garlic was sliced and you could barely taste the rich garlic flavor. It tasted dry. I had to toss/mix it.

The atmosphere is really sparce ...not much of a decor at all inside. ...small. No liquor license/no vino.

Next trip to South Haven I will eat at Phoenix Street Cafe ...walking by from outside looked inviting.

1  Thank sharonchicago15
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We only had one chance to eat at Maria's but it was excellent and the price was reasonable. I can see why Maria's is rated #1 in South Haven.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Waited almost an hour longer than we were told. I understand that, but then the service was SLOW and the waitress seemed like she could have cared less. Again, I am ok with that as long as the food was good...... It wasn't ! My wife and I both agreed, ( and we seldom agree ) a waste of time and money. I have never written a review before, but hopefully this helps them get better !!!

3  Thank akanders1