“Most Amazing Experience”

Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had a most wonderful stay at Yelton Manor some months ago. The owners, Robert and Elaine were more than gracious hosts. Upon arriving, you can't help to notice the flowers and butterflies flowing through the property. Looking at the Inn from outside, top to bottom, you can't help notice the fabulous detail put in to the decor. To hear the waves crashing on shore across the way can put your soul at ease.

Walking in, I was greeted with nothing but smiles, the smell of popcorn, fresh cookies and coffee. After registering and settled in, I walked the halls and rooms throughout in amazement of the detail to furniture and a most incredible amount of books of every kind laying around and on many shelves. Each room just so different and comfortable to sit in. The beach, the inn, the owners and the most wonderful multiple breakfast courses were more than I ever expected. A must to visit and relax as my wife and I did. Thanks to Robert and Elaine for a great experience.

Room Tip: The corner suite where I stayed facing the street and lake was large, sunny and a great stained glas...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 135RichardM135
There are newer reviews for Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and daughter were treated with such amazing hospitality by Robert and Elaine. They made us feel at home. Our weekend experience at the Manor was so pleasant, comfortable and pleasing in every way. The whole staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the homemade meals they provided. The room my daughter, and the room my husband and I stayed in were immaculate and beautifully decorated. We loved South Haven. The manor is perfectly situated, just a short walk to the beach and from shopping and restaurants. We can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Manor is the epitome of the bed and breakfast experience. Put simply, the love and devotion by the owner and staff is second to none. Every inch of the place is carefully thought out so as to create the perfect getaway experience. And I do mean every inch. Every time you turn a corner or look at a shelf something there will catch your eye and remind you just how much these folks care about how you feel while staying there. From the top down, everyone there seemed authentically concerned with whether I was getting the experience I wanted and the relaxation I so desperately needed. Do yourself a favor and book a stay right now. You will not regret it one bit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eric S
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Yelton Manor is our idea of the perfect escape. Has been for more than a decade. For starters, innkeepers Rob and Elaine are gracious, thoughtful hosts. The meals and treats they prepare for their guests are a cut above anything we've had anywhere else. And their rooms are spotless and immaculately decorated. Yelton has singlehandedly put South Haven, Michigan, on the map for us as a destination.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ETA955
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a two night stay at this serene, pleasant, and quiet B & B. The Innkeepers are great! My arthritic knees really appreciated their attention to detail when they placed us in a first floor room after I explained my difficulty in stair climbing. Good conversations abound not only with the Innkeepers and their employees, but also other guests. I especially enjoy the popcorn and brownies since I am a serious snacker.

The location is ideal with Lake Michigan out the front door and the town a short walk away.

In short, Yelton Manor is a quiet, romantic hideaway perfect for couples looking to unwind. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Yelton Manor offers a quiet refuge from the world's cares. Innkeeper Robert's warm welcome at check-in sets the tone for a gentle soul-renewing experience. The Manor's beautifully appointed rooms and common gathering spaces provide the perfect back drop for a relaxing getaway. For those looking to unwind, there are 1000s of books and DVDs to enjoy as well as small niches to curl up in. For those travellers looking to enjoy nature, Lake Michigan is steps from the door of this beautiful property and gardens. For the shoppers, South Haven is filled with one-of-a-kind shops.

At breakfast, Innkeeper Elaine's equally welcoming nature is coupled with a quick sense of humor! Breakfast is always delicious and healthy!

Elaine and Robert offer superb hospitality in a beautiful and exquisitely maintained setting. I look forward to my next retreat. A million thanks for this lovely oasis!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sunflowerlover13
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just a couple beaches every summer thats the way it happened. The manor has comforts afforded Stephanie and I the chance to wake and amble the beach searching for geologic treasures and beach glass returning to a healthy plate and coffee. Looking forward to our return to South Haven and gorgeous gardens at the Yelton Manor.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
#7 of 11 in South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!