“Lakeside Gem, A Favorite B&B, Great Hosts!”

Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 26, 2007

TripAdvisor seems to have lost my review of just a few weeks ago, so I will write it again. The Yelton Manor B&B is a luxurious and comfortable retreat with a supurb location on the beach of Lake Michigan.

The owners and longtime innkeepers, Elaine and Rob, have been my hosts at The Manor for many years. I return from the South for a visit whenever I can, and am delighted to have visited recently.

Nothing is left to chance, it's well planned, perfectly cared for and, well ... gorgeous. Expect firm beds, delicious food and amenities not found at other B&Bs. Elaine knows how much I love her home-canned tomatoes so she always makes me something special with her marinara. I love her expansive gardens as well, and the home-grown basil also hits the spot. Choose any room, it hardly matters, get ready for the best inn ever.

Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank thegris1951
There are newer reviews for Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 16, 2007

My husband and I were trying to make last minute reservations for our anniversary weekend. To say that we were fortunate that The Yelton Manor had a cancellation and a room was available to us is an understatement.
We loved the many little sitting / reading rooms throughout. The dining areas were as private or as public as you wanted. The decor and furnishings were fabulous; so inviting and relaxing. Our room was comfortable and well furnished.
Elaine, our hostess, was so much fun. She truly made us feel right at home.
During our 39 years of marriage, we have visited many, many B&B's in the country. The Yelton Manor truly is one of our few favorites.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank Carky
Reviewed September 15, 2007

I and my boyfriend stayed at this wonderful Bed and Breakfast two nights, and we both agree that this is by far the finest B&B we’ve encountered (and considering that we tend to stay at B&Bs and not hotels, and how much we travel, that’s really saying something!).

The owner and staff were more than friendly, and the breakfast was fantastic. I would recommend this place to anyone – there are tons of movies and books to watch and glance through (though we spent our time at the beach, which is walking distance away).

What really stuck out to us was the atmosphere – the owner has gardens all around the place, and waking up to delicious breakfast and eating it in a garden-surrounded, light filled porch was amazing.

We had a blast staying here, and I’d love to go back. My mom is planning to go to South Haven (since I’ve been raving about it) and I won’t let her stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Zeteein
Reviewed September 14, 2007

Yelton Manor B&B is one of our favorite inn experiences. Absolutely no hospitality detail is ever overlooked at this inn. We have had numerous experiences with Elaine and her wonderful inn. We are constantly amazed at her dedication to the guests' experience. It is obvious that she has a caring but streamlined system that provides all the guests with a full B&B experience.
Very professional.

I have referred several friends to Yelton Manor B&B with the utmost confidence that it will be the perfect B&B get-away. Never once have I ever heard anything except the very best.

It's worth the trip just for the breakfast. Loved those muffins.

When our travels bring us to Michican again, we'll be at Elaine's
front door.

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank Homertravelers
Reviewed September 14, 2007

My husband surprised me with a weekend at the Yelton Manor for my birthday.
We had a most wonderful and relaxing stay, I can't say enough good things, we had a fabulous time and I can't wait to go back and visit our friends at the Manor.
Inn Keeper Elaine is fun and charming and her wonderful staff made us feel like part of the family!
As soon as you walk in the door the warm smell of brownies hits your nose which are available at all times for a quick nibble.
There is view of the tranquil gardens from every window and cozy little nooks where you can thumb through any of the thousands of books from the vast library that extends to every room. Just steps away from the sandy beach and short walk to town makes the Manor a new favorite place to stay for us. We will be back soon, promise!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank jenanke
Reviewed September 11, 2007

My wife and I needed to get away and we needed our privacy.The Guest House was the perfect choice.The room was spotless.We were all alone on the third floor. The suite had all of the features to make our stay very pleasant.The innkeepers were wonderful and very accomodating. The inn is right across the street from the beach! The room had a DVD player and they had many movie titles to choose from. The food was good and the coffee fresh.They even had fresh popcorn for us! We are already thinking about when we would like to go back. A very lovely place with huge gardens. You may even get to see the humming birds!
Thank you Elaine and Robert for a lovely stay!

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank 70GTO
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We planned a garden trip and saw the wonderful website for Yelton Manor in South Haven Michigan and made it a must for the first stop on our wedding trip. What a wonderful and perfect start. We plan to enjoy the accomodations again in October renting the very same room. We found the home very clean and well maintained. The staff friendly and professional yet personable. They will accomodate your privacy or set up your reservations at a nearby restaurant, to planning a day trip for you around your personal likes.
Bear in mind, the 2 night minimum may not be long enough for you to completely relax, so save extra time for more visits.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
#7 of 11 in South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!