“Absolutely wonderful vacation - Can't wait to go back!!!”
Review of Sand Castle Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Haven
Sand Castle Inn
Ranked #7 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Absolutely wonderful vacation - Can't wait to go back!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2007

My family and I decided to stay the Sand Castle Inn, because we really liked that we could rent a condo, but have a lot of the ammentities that the Sand Castle Inn offers to its visitors - quieter atmosphere, beautiful grounds, perfect swimming pool, a block from a terrific beach, and close to town.

The Sand Castle Inn more than exceeded all of our expectations and we can't wait to come back next summer! Although we stayed at one of the condos, the staff at the Inn was extremely pleasant and helpful when we needed anything. The pool was absolutely perfect and we swam everyday that we were there. Walking to the beach was a highlight for our children. We really liked that we were just one block from a beautiful, relatively quiet beach. We swam everyday and then went back each evening to watch the sunset. Additionally, the condo that we rented was absolutely amazing - beautifully decorated, lots of space, and very relaxing!

Overall, I would recommend the Sand Castle Inn to anyone travelling to South Haven, Michigan or anywhere on the western coast of Michigan and are looking for the perfect vacation!

Stayed July 2007

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Roselle, Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2007

My husband and I visited The Sand Castle Inn for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. We have spent a lot of time in Michigan but never in South Haven. The Sand Castle Inn was a great find. The location is wonderful! It's one block from the Lake Michigan beach and also walking distance to all the in-town shopping and restaurants.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Upon arrival we received a personal tour of the entire inn. And a personal tour to our room. We chose the "Pool Room" . We thought it would be directly off the pool but it was through a gate, into a doorway, through a small hall and into our room but it was still very close. The "Pool Room" was located in the condo building portion of the Inn not in the main guest house,which we knew before arriving. But there was a beautiful little path going to the main Inn that was very nicely landscaped and inviting.

The breakfasts each morning were delicious! We were pleasantly surprised by the hot breakfast served each morning. We were expecting danishes, fruit and cereal so the wonderful breakfasts, including a different egg casserole each morning, several gourmet pastries, yogurt, different type of fruit salad each day, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, etc. was a great treat! The Inn was beautifully appointed and very inviting. The decorating was very charming!

After breakfast each morning we enjoyed quite a bit of time on the expansive front porch which was very comfortable and tranquil.

The pool is very nice! This was one of the reasons why we chose The Sand Castle Inn. It was the only B & B we found in the area with a pool. We spent a lot of time there and it was very relaxing, clean, well landscaped, etc. We only wished there had been a hot tup in the evening. They have a perfect spot for one under the trellis in the pool area. But that was the only thing that was missing.

We highly recommend The Sand Castle Inn for a get away weekend! It was a very pleasurable and memorable stay!

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank sarasings126
Orange County, California
Reviewed May 31, 2007

On Thursday, May 24, 2007 my sister and I walked into the Inn to inquire about a room for the night. The receptionist was talking to someone on the phone about some internet problems she was having. She didn't acknowledge us in any way, so we walked on into the sitting room area to look around. The housekeeper who happened to be in the room was very nice and offered us a glass of lemonade. However, the receptionist continued her phone conversation and finally said loudly, "just a minute, someone's standing here," then turned to us. She made it very clear that we were "bothering her." I asked about a room with two beds, as their website stated that they could convert a king bed into two twin beds. She replied in an unpleasant manner that it would take at least 30 minutes to do so and the housekeeper was already finished for the day. So I told her never mind and we went on our way, as this indicated to me that a stay here would be equally as unpleasant. I work in a luxury resort and no matter how busy or frustrating our day is, the guests always come first.

Stayed May 2007
4 Thank beeejo
Chicago
Reviewed June 27, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Sand Castle B&B for our 25th Anniversary in June. The restored house is quietly elegant with a wonderful staff and lovely gardens. We stayed in the Tower Suite and it was phenomenal. It has a private balcony which we truly loved and a large bathroom. The long windows overlooked the park and the balcony overlooked the side yard and street plus views of the pool area. We saw many beautiful birds (red-headed woodpeckers and doves ). The food was unique and always freshly prepared. The pool was refreshing and quiet when we visited. A absolutely wonderful experience; we're planning to return.

2 Thank Tarheelinil
Reviewed May 14, 2005

I really disliked this inn. Sandwiched between two awful condominium complexes, this place is dumpy. The decor is busy and ugly, there is very little space and the staff is indifferent. Don't go here.

• Stayed September 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2005

My husband and I stayed two nights in their upper suite. Everything was very elegant and cozy. A very beautiful place. The innkeeper and help were incredibly friendly, and everyone went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. My husband and I will definitely be staying here again, and again.

• Stayed June 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 8, 2004

We've stayed at a number of properties in SH in the past, but this was our first time at the Sandcastle Inn. What I will say up front is that I would most likely stay there again. Our experience was mostly a good one, made better by the wonderful hospitality, enthusiasm and kindness of a young pt innkeeper, a college girl who will unfortunatley no longer be there once school begins again. Apparently an absentee owner. This young woman - Megan I believe, will likely be successful in whatever she does. The owners should appreciate her and how well she takes care of the guests and their property. The property was well maintained, very convenient. On the downside, there was a full-time innkeeper, can't remember her name (Summer 2004) who was about as unfriendly and abrupt as anyone I have ever met in our travels. I would almost understand that if it was an owner who was in it for the $$$, not for their passion of hospitality. But when an owner hires someone to represent them to their guests, they should think twice. This person was rather arrogant, unsocial - could not even say goodbye to guests upon departure, ask how their stay was, thank them, ask them to return, etc. because frankly, she could care less. She was actually eager to see people leave so she could get back to whatever it was she prefers to do. Too bad for the Inn. I will likelly try and avoid her when and if we return.

• Stayed August 2004
#8 of 11 in South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Sand Castle Inn? Share your experiences!