“Bright spot on a rainy weekend”
Review of Sand Castle Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Haven
Sand Castle Inn
Ranked #7 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the inn over Memorial weekend. It rained...at times, heavily. We still managed to have a great time. It was not our first time staying there and I was hoping the breakfast would be as good as our last stay...we were not disappointed. After a long week at work it really is relaxing to enjoy good food on the front porch of the Inn. The staff did a fantastic job keeping our room clean and feeding my lemonade habit. If you do happen to stay at the Sand Castle...I highly recommend grabbing some cookies to bring to bed with you. On the actual Memorial Day we caught a break from the rain and the sun came out. We took advantage of the heated pool just before hitting the road to head back home. I plan on going to South Haven again soon...I will definitely be checking in at the Sand Castle Inn.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jdot312

Reviewed May 30, 2011

We really enjoyed our first stay at The Sandle Castle Inn. The atmosphere is very warm and friendly and you can't beat the location. The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved our stay and would definitely come back. Great place!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scottpek
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stayed at Sand Castle Inn for Memorial Day weekend. Location is within easy walk of beach and slightly longer walk or short drive to downtown area. Room was cozy and clean. Breakfast was hearty and filling. Kudos for the coffee in the morning which tasted just as good as the brewed coffee in those chain storefronts that are everywhere. All the breakfast and snack items were made fresh on the premises. Only suggestion is to add a directional sign in the back parking lot to help first time visitors find the way to the door. We plan to return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank gregl470
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Friendly innkeepers, nice clean room, nice outdoor deck, great breakfast, excellent location. I will be back. Very nice B&B.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank PBfromChicago
Reviewed May 11, 2011

From the time we first arrived, we knew we were going to love our stay. Our hostess was welcoming and helpful (and a wonderful baker - her homemade treats were available in the dining room all day and night, in addition to hot and cold beverages and snacks. She even baked a birthday-cake-for-two on my boyfriend's brithday and put it in the room for us.) The room was beautiful. The bed was very comfortable, and we loved the fireplace. Our only quibble (and it's a small one) was that we would have loved light-blocking shades on the windows since sleeping in was on the agenda. Breakfasts are generous and delicious. The location is perfect - a short walk to the beach. Bottom line: we were so pleased and relaxed that we spontaneously decided to extend our stay by one extra night. (Fortunately, since it was early in the season, there was a room availalble).
We suggest a trip to McIntosh Cellars (just north of South Haven on the Blue Star Highway) for delicious fruit wines and aged white cheddar cheese. For dining, consider a trip north to Fennville (about 15 miles) to Salt of The Earth; they cook with local, seasonal ingredients and the food is superb. (The fried brussels sprouts with bacon are a great, shareable side dish.)

Room Tip: The Royal Suite has a spacious private balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeachLover1501
Reviewed May 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sand Castle Inn for a much needed night away. We found it to be fabulous! We were greeted by the host on our arrival. She was helpful and kind. She had munchies and drinks available when we arrived and brownies when we returned from dinner. Our room was romantic and quiet. No slamming of doors, talking, and ice falling from the machine like in chain hotels. Our room was located on the first floor, right off of the lobby/kitchen area and it was still peaceful and quiet. We will definitely return to the Sand Castle Inn.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tkdmom24
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I spent a week trying to find the perfect B&B for my Boyfriend and I and this was it. From the moment we walked in I found the Sand Castle to be very charming. The beach is only steps away and there isn't a closer B&B to the Beach. I thought that we could have walked to the town but it was a little far for me so we drove each day into town and walked the shops. However, we wanted to be close to the beach and this B&B is. The breakfast each morning served on the front porch was very nice and we were never disatisfied. At 5pm each day they put out little hors d'oeuvres and in the evening there were yummy cookies. I loved having the pool to come back from the beach to just cool off, it was a added bonus for us. It was very quiet there and we felt very relaxed and refreshed after our 3 night stay. We will definitely be back. Thank you sand castle. Saugatuk is only a 20 minute drive, so we drove there every night. More things to do at night in Saugatuk.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple