After a strange and scary "twilight zone" type drive from the Detroit area, my girlfriends and I landed on the doorstep of The Last Resort B&B Inn. It was getting dark and we were tired and hungry and praying for some place to have availability for the weekend. We were in luck! Mary and Alberto the inn-keepers welcomed us with smiles and open arms. They showed us several different options of rooms (all beautiful) and we decided to go with the "harborview penthouse" on the third (top) floor. Mary & Alberto gave us a wonderful deal!. It was just what we envisioned when planning this annual "girls getaway" weekend. It was a beautiful, airy, spacious and comfortable suite with private bathroom and kitchen area. More than enough room for the four of us. We loved the balcony with the view of the harbor -- very quiet and peaceful. The common areas were also beautiful with many works of art by Mary and others from Mary & Alberto's many travels. They had absolutely beautiful jewelry, handbags, shoes and other crafts for sale from their second home -- Colombia, South America. The breakfasts are titled continental -- but are really so much more! They serve a yogurt/freash granola/freash fruit parfait that is to-die-for! Lake Michigan beach access is right across the street from the inn and the main drag of South Haven - shopping, restaurants, harbor, lighthouse, etc. - are walking distance away. We would definitely recommend The Last Resort for any kind of getaway - girls-only or romantic. The inn-keepers were very friendly and accommodating (Mary is actually hilarious!). We are already planning next year's "girls-only getaway" at The Last Resort Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From small affordable cozy rooms for two, up to spacious Penthouse Jacuzzi suites for couples, or families, this inn offers the relaxed non-formal atmosphere you are looking for when you need to unwind! Whether it's for a family reunion or for a romantic get-away or for that much needed independent escape, this is the right place! Inkeepers/artist Mary & Alberto will help you unwind and enjoy your relaxing get-away at this wonderful B&B by Lake Michigan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Last Resort B & B Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Resort Bed And Breakfast Inn
- The Last Hotel South Haven