“"Our First Resort !!!"”

The Last Resort B & B Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2008

OLD FASHIONED, ECCENTRIC, PERFECTION !!! Need I say more?
Mary & Alberto have a first class B&B!!! My wife and I were married on the beach and booked The Last Resort for the weekend.2-3days and you have friends for life!
SIMPLY THE BEST !!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 21, 2007

The building is very nice, no doubt. However, since we had a small child we were told to sit outside just after a heavy rain. It was windy and the chairs and tables were still wet. Everyone else got to stay inside with the music and artwork and near the food. I felt like I was an outcast simply because we had a small child. The owner also told us to have my son sleep on the couch and has no right to tell me how to stay in my room after paying $200 a night. The owner should not be running a bed and breakfast.

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank David10001
Reviewed August 9, 2007

This was my fourth visit to this charming B&B, and it seems everytime is better than before. It is a lovely older home, right across from lake Mi. , many rooms overlooking the water. The owners, Mary and Alberto, are warm, helpful and quite unique. They are full of life, and being artists, the B&B is full of their beautiful art and music. The rooms are decorated with the unusual, but beautiful flare of these artisans and the beds are so comfy that you would want to sleep all day, except for the gorgeous beaches and blue waters of lake MI waiting. The breakfast is continental, but delicious, and a sort of "do it yourself" arrangement, which I found much more relaxed and condusive to meeting and getting to know the other guests in an enjoyable, laid back atmosphere. If you find yourself with a little time on your hands, waiting for dinner or just needing to stay nearby and read or relax outside, there is a wonderfully, peaceful garden with lawn chairs, flowers and fountains that invite you to finish that favorite book or just nap in nature. A very unique and healing place definately worth exploring.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MIlexi
Reviewed October 22, 2006

I'm very surprised by the critical comments about this b&b. I called last minute to get a room and was offered an upgrade for no additional charge. We got there after 10:30 PM and were left the keys and directions to our room on the inner glass door. We didn't want to be social, so we never went down to breakfast, but on our last day when we finally popped our heads in to pay, the hostess was delighted to meet us, kept breakfast out and told us to stay as long as we liked past the 11:00 AM checkout time. We were the last to leave, and she made us feel very welcome to stay and not a nuisance to her, even though she and the staff were preparing the inn to close for the season. Our room was exactly as pictured on the website, and yes, most rooms are small but very, very clean with comfortable bed and soft, lovely bedspreads. We had a lovely view of the harbor. As for the artwork, art is subjective.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Asyngin
Reviewed July 19, 2006

This is the third year we have stayed at the B&B. It is a half-block walk to the public beach and a short walk downtown to all the shops & restaurants. The inn was built in the 1880's and the innkeeper has recently put in new carpet, windows, wood floors and a new TV in the lobby. The rooms are clean and air conditioned. Each room has a unique decor, which can be construed as eccentric. Breakfast is mostly breads, muffins, fruit, and yogurt. Do try it out! Good Location, Good Price, and great city.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anjiggy
A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 13, 2006

My wife and I have visited at the Last Resort (LR) each summer over the past 10 years. and I am quite surprised to read the critical comments left by a few other guests here.

Most certianly, the LR is quite different from all the other Inns in the area!! LR Inn is a block to the beach and has a front porch that is an incomparable place for a glass of wine at sunset! And yes, the furnitue is eclectic.. yes, the gardens are kind of an organized beautiful wildness ...and yes, Mary, the owner/innkeeper, is an, exuberant loveable character! Good natured... but... if you' ve been to beach please wash the sand off your feet before you come in the house!

For us the LR Inn is an fun getaway place. Rooms are small but clean and comparitively speaking, ... inexpensive. No TV or internet which is exactly what I'm vacationing from!

Breakfast is not a sit down four -course meal .. more of a continental approach which suits me because if we're real hungry we love the local flavor of the Phoenix Street Cafe.

In all the best ways, LR Inn reminds me of visiting my Aunt Dolly's lake cottage as a child!

Stayed: June 2005
Reviewed June 11, 2006

After falling in love with this B&B and wanting to recommend it to other worldly travelers, I was disappointed to find that other guests did not share the same experience. However, my husband and I found the weekend get-away to be exactly what our spirits were yearning for: laid-back ease, lake views from the room, strolls to near-by restaurants and pier, and lots of love... and all very much affordable. The Inn-Keeper and her Colombian husband were an interesting pair and always happy to make our stay a happy one. I have already recommended this place to friends and family for quick get-aways to a small resort town on the Lake!
They have a bike rack too.

Stayed: June 2006
Baymont Inn & Suites South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to The Last Resort B & B Inn? Share your experiences!