The Last Resort B & B Inn
$72
ComfortSuites
$67
Holiday Inn Express South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
$81
Hampton Inn South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
$95
$77
$59
$99
Travelocity
Hotel Nichols(South Haven)
Sun n Sand Resort(South Haven)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the streetb bbagelsindia roomhomemade banana breadhot and cold watercomfortable atmospherethe penthousemy husband and iother guestsfront porchwalked everywherelake michiganhistoric houseget awayblueberrieslocation was perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This Inn has become my choice for short trips to the South Haven/Saugatuck Michigan area. I love the choices in rooms, ranging from small "apartments" that have hot tubs, fridges, and balcony porches, to double rooms that have 2 bedrooms connected--great for travel with a friend or adult child, to single rooms, with a great range of prices. Although old, the hotel is charming and comfortable, and even on really hot days, your room can be as cool as you wish. The beach is practically at your door, and you can see Lake Michigan from upstairs windows. It's a great beach for walks, windsurfing, swimming, sandcastles, and sunsets.The innkeepers are friendly and gracious, and have interesting stories to tell. It's a great place to go with a small group, or on your own. I always have a great time--when going solo, I often make friends with other guests. I've been in all their different types of rooms, depending on whom I'm traveling with. Within walking distance to downtown events/restaurants, sailing, biking and so on.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side have a beach view, but the harbor side has a nice view of the river and boats.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My Mom and I stayed in the studio and I really liked it. It was fun to explore and they have a dog named rascal. The breakfast was great. My mom liked the coffee the most. We' ll go back next summer. Love Eli

Room Tip: Why don't you try the hm Avery it has two beds
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for two nights in this one block away from the lakefront inn. Beds were comfortable, fans and ac were working and cooled things down on this very hot weekend. BReakfasts are are nice selection of breads and fruits.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were there about a month ago and the setting is beautiful. They have done wndoers with a house this old! It was very comfortable and the location is perfect. I was here when I was in my teens and hadn't been back for about 20 years. Mary remembered my previous visits and we had a wonderful time, they treated us like family!!

Hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dckrasin
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My company celebrated its 10th anniversary by treating the whole office and their familes to a weekend at The Last Resort. We took over the whole place and the kids almost outnumbered the grown-ups, but Mary and her staff were great! Nothing but friendly, gracious and attentive. They have a music room that the kids really enjoyed. Easy access to the beach, shopping and area attractions. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business