All reviews across the street bagels india room yogurt parfait hot and cold water comfortable atmosphere the penthouse front porch my husband and i other guests beach chairs lake michigan walked everywhere historic house perfect location get away fresh fruit
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This Inn has become my choice for short trips to the South Haven/Saugatuck Michigan area. I love the choices in rooms, ranging from small "apartments" that have hot tubs, fridges, and balcony porches, to double rooms that have 2 bedrooms connected--great for travel with a friend or adult child, to single rooms, with a great range of prices. Although old, the hotel is charming and comfortable, and even on really hot days, your room can be as cool as you wish. The beach is practically at your door, and you can see Lake Michigan from upstairs windows. It's a great beach for walks, windsurfing, swimming, sandcastles, and sunsets.The innkeepers are friendly and gracious, and have interesting stories to tell. It's a great place to go with a small group, or on your own. I always have a great time--when going solo, I often make friends with other guests. I've been in all their different types of rooms, depending on whom I'm traveling with. Within walking distance to downtown events/restaurants, sailing, biking and so on.

Room tip: Rooms on the lake side have a beach view, but the harbor side has a nice view of the river and boats.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My Mom and I stayed in the studio and I really liked it. It was fun to explore and they have a dog named rascal. The breakfast was great. My mom liked the coffee the most. We' ll go back next summer. Love Eli

Room tip: Why don't you try the hm Avery it has two beds
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for two nights in this one block away from the lakefront inn. Beds were comfortable, fans and ac were working and cooled things down on this very hot weekend. BReakfasts are are nice selection of breads and fruits.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were there about a month ago and the setting is beautiful. They have done wndoers with a house this old! It was very comfortable and the location is perfect. I was here when I was in my teens and hadn't been back for about 20 years. Mary remembered my previous visits and we had a wonderful time, they treated us like family!!

Hope to be back soon!

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dckrasin
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My company celebrated its 10th anniversary by treating the whole office and their familes to a weekend at The Last Resort. We took over the whole place and the kids almost outnumbered the grown-ups, but Mary and her staff were great! Nothing but friendly, gracious and attentive. They have a music room that the kids really enjoyed. Easy access to the beach, shopping and area attractions. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: June 2012