“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monroe Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast

Monroe Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Haven
Monroe Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Franklin, Indiana, United States
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very nice place to stay, wife and I do many B and B,s and this one is very good. great breakfasts, and very pleasant hosts. We enjoyed the history and beauty of the house. Would definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: Nice to be a bit out of town, very pretty setting
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Willowbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We just spent a wonderful weekend at the Monroe Manor! I would like to give a tip of the hat to the hosts...the inside/outside of the house is spotless. The house itself has a lot of history (cool pictures) and the jacuzzi is a nice touch.

If you are a couple who's expecting a baby, a very cool option is the baby moon package: our host prepared an excellent spread of baby items (clothes, lotions, etc.)-- and, they included a non-alcoholic bottle of grape juice --chilled-- upon arrival. Love it!

The breakfast food is very good. In fact, what I really liked is the wine/cheese/crackers/nuts they provide during 5pm-6pm.

I think the key to this bed and breakfast is that, although it's a little away from the downtown area, it's kind of an asset in that way.

We would definitely return.

Thanks again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We loved staying at Monroe Manor. I cannot remember ever staying at a hotel or B&B this clean. The MONROE ROOM was awesome--the coolest shower--3 shower heads and jets
all-over (albeit a little confusing to figure out how to operate at first, a card with simple directions would be helpful). What I also loved about this room was a large closet with a door, shelves, a row of hooks, and plenty of REMOVABLE (thank you) hangers....so suitcases, shopping purchases, clothes, shoes, dirty laundry, etc could all be stashed neatly out of sight and not clutter up the pristine and beautifully decorated room. Doug and Nancy are gracious hosts--easy to be around but not at all intrusive. Breakfasts were yummy and beautifully served. "happy hour" wine and cheese on the patio was relaxing and a nice touch. It was fun to come home at night and find cookies left out for us in the foyer. The beautiful house and grounds just beg you to unwind, relax, and laugh. The large outdoor jacuzzi was especially a treat, and so lovely to soak in surrounded by well-placed torches and softly-lit,well thought-out landscape and decor. I normally avoid shared jacuzzis or hot tubs but the cleanliness was unusual and obvious. There were so many little touches of luxury that were appreciated....Huge fluffy bath sheets, soft terrycloth robes, liquid body soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower, heated towel racks. For all this, the price was reasonable, you get your money's worth and more. As to reviewers who spoke of traffic noise....all I can say is... HUH? It is on a country road, away from town, and SO quiet that we found ourselves whispering so as not to disturb the peaceful stillness that seems to engulf the manor. We would (and will! ) definitely return.

2 Thank LRK
Vernon Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Monroe Manor Inn for our 2 year anniversary and had a fantastic time. The breakfasts were fantastic. The first morning we had fruit parfait, a large blueberry waffle, and sausage links. The second morning we had egg casserole, bacon, fruit parfait, and a raspberry jam muffin. Both breakfasts were delicious. Some reviewers have commented that the portions were small, but my husband (who is a big eater) and I both thought that the portion sizes were more than enough. We walked away from both breakfasts stuffed.

Doug and Nancy were wonderful, pleasant hosts. Nancy gave us some great suggestions for dinner on our second night, and we loved relaxing on the awesome porch after a long day on the beach. When we booked the trip, I was disappointed that we weren't closer to downtown South Haven, but I actually didn't mind being a little further from town. The inn was a wonderful reprieve after busy days by the water!

We stayed in the Beechwood Room, which was just a tad tight. If you are a large packer, you may want to think about lightening your load. The bathroom, however, had a fantastic double headed shower. What a treat!

Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just returned from my first experience away from my children, and my first experience at a Bed and Breakfast and I am ready to plan another trip in the fall. I MISS IT ALREADY! The Home was Clean Beautiful and Charming. I felt comfort, peace and right at home the moment I was greeted by Nancy. She was beyond friendly, caring and very helpful! The home is only minutes from the small town and beach area. The Beach is amazing! I have already recommended this to family!! It was nice to chat with the other couples that were staying their during our wonderful breakfast in the morning. I LOVED THE MUFFINS with the preserve in the middle and the blueberry's on the side. I would love to have that recipe!!
We stayed in the MASTER room and my favorite part was the CLAW TUB. So nice to take a bath without the little knocks of children at the door, but even better in the beautiful claw tub!

Many THANKS to Doug and Nancy and I wish you all the best. We hope we see each other again SOONER than LATER!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We just returned from four wonderful nights at the peaceful Monroe Manor Inn. Our room was immaculate and had a spacious bathroom. Heated towels---------wow--------hadn't realized what I was missing! At home I am grateful if there isn't a kids' messy mouth print on it with grape jelly! Gorgeous home--------awesome porch--------incredible frogs who visit front porch nightly!! Staff (Patty and Elsa) were attentive, professional, and very personable. Doug and Nancy felt like family and certainly were accepting and gracious hosts to us. Breakfasts were amazing and way more than we could handle!! Everything made us feel right at home--------and yet, on vacation! We were five minutes from the hectic life in town and on the beaches----but so glad to come home to our tranquil Inn where serenity reigns!! LOVED IT!! Thanks so much!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked very charming, but we chose the one with the double sinks! When you are ove...
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I came to Monroe Manor for a relaxing weekend it this place delivered! We loved reading on the porch, relaxing on the hot tub, taking strolls on Phoenix Street and hanging out at the beach. Our room (Master Suite) was very clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was also excellent. We were served peach waffles with sausage links and fruit parfaits on Day 1 and an egg/potato scramble with bacon and raspberry muffins on Day 2 :) So delicious and filling!!! Doug and Nancy were terrific hosts and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#8 of 11 in South Haven
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Monroe Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!