“Good offerings, good service”

Phoenix Street Cafe
Ranked #5 of 71 Restaurants in South Haven
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Classic and Ecclectic Breakfast/Lunch with the following friendly options: Kids, Vegetarians, Vegans, and Gluten Sensitives.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We came here on our first night in South Haven. Since it was around 8, the evening rush was over and we had no problem with service. Good selection, reasonable prices and I appreciated our server letting me sample the wines before I made my choice. She was helpful with suggestions for stuff to do in the area. We were there at closing time but they didn't rush us out.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was a great find with large menu with great variety of healthy and unique dishes. Breakfast menu continues to be offered until 2pm so I chose Oatmeal pancake (wonderful!) and my husband had a Gyro (great). Service was ok, but they were very busy, so we were taken care of, just no time to chat. There are a few tables outside on the side walk where we sat and that was fun for lunch to by right in the middle of town and take in all the business of the quaint town.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food was good, but the service was very poor. We were also disappointed that the dinner menu they have online is no longer available and the day we were there they were only offering two entrees. The service was poor, we had asked for a sandwich to be cut in a specific way and the waitress simply said she forgot to tell the cook. Not all our food arrived at the same time. Our waitress forgot to bring dipping sauce for our daughters chicken fingers. Our waitress seemed to disappear several times. The worst is we dinned late and had our kids with us and had to wait over twenty minutes for our bill. the waitress actually apologized she was late with the bill by saying "Sorry it took so long I was waiting to be assigned to the big group that came in, but I was skipped over, now I won't be getting a big tip." Well she was right on the tip part.

2  Thank Bman1999
Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a hidden gem right in the middle of downtown. The food was delicious and the service was great!. Many selections to choose from. You'd never know from the outside but I would think this is one of the best places to eat for lunch or breakfast in South Haven!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

They catered our wedding and people are still talking about it 10 years later. Since they hired a chef for dinner, the food is consistently great. They are one of the 2 only places to get breakfast. The food is also very good for both breakfast and lunch. We recommend them often.