“what happened??”

Ranked #5 of 70 Restaurants in South Haven
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Classic and Ecclectic Breakfast/Lunch with the following friendly options: Kids, Vegetarians, Vegans, and Gluten Sensitives.
“what happened??”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Last few times I've been here it wasn't so great...but my most recent visit was really awful....used to love this place for breakfast. The oatmeal pancakes (which is why I tried it again) were really greasy....I felt like I'd just eaten at McDonalds after having one!! My dining partner got the "hash brown rounds" as he doesn't care for the "haven fries"...they were AGAIN just like McDs andSthat's not a good thing. Tab way too high for what we got and I could hear the waitresses arguing with the cook...
So sad to see this happen.

• Visited November 2012

St. Joseph, MI
“A Favorite”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a favorite hangout for lunch. In the Benton Harbor Arts District and so we often meet up for lunch as it's close for everyone. Great meals and always something different. A little pricey but well worth it. The atmosphere is laid-back and fun.

Visited October 2012
Berrien Springs, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Breakfast Too”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

What a wonderful place to eat. The food is excellent. Such a popular place, the lines are long at times, but worth the wait. So many different dishes to choose from, no matter the time of day. Excellent service and just great food.

Visited June 2012
South Haven, Michigan
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

may have a wait in summer but the food is creative but good basics. Prices are decent and they have evening special that are really good. Nice basic selection of wine. Breakfast lunch and dinner have all been great.

Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were a party of eight and I have to say, this was an amazing food experience. I had the seared ahi, it was a daily special for $9.99, and it was cooked to perfection. I also tasted the salmon and it was delicious. I loved the interior decor. It made me feel like I was in a beautifully finished urban loft. I am from California and I thought that their wine selection was very good. They played wonderful, soft music in the background and I really wished I was there having a romantic dinner with my husband. My family lives in Michigan and I definitely will return to the Phoenix Cafe for my next visit!

• Visited October 2012