All reviews beach house fire pit sand area salt water pool overlooking the pond original hardwood floors bigger family rooms are pretty small volleyball net rehearsal dinner vintage hotel beautiful grounds chain hotels the cottages lake hammocks weekend
Reviewed August 17, 2017

We recently had a family wedding that had the Sun 'n Sand Resort as its core. We rented the entire resort for the weekend, although the wedding was at the 12 Corners Vineyard (not at the resort), This was a great plan as all of the guests were able to use ALL of the facilities. Kudos to the staff headed by Terri, the wonderful manager. We hosted the rehearsal dinner at the resort along with other activities such as receptions and breakfasts. Terri et al. not only were marvelously accommodating but also had great ideas for the arrangements. (Good thing she knew how to rapidly make coffee for the breakfasts!) Everyone agreed that the Sun 'n Sand was in a beautiful location and a wonderful locale for wedding goers. Did I mention the lovely salt-water pool? This was used very heavily throughout the days - and nights. The rooms were very comfortable, keeping in mind that no two rooms were exactly the same.

It should be noted that the Sun 'n Sand Resort is linked with White Space Events that deals with almost all aspect of weddings. As this was a destination wedding, we were VERY thankful to have such well-coordinated assistance.

Lastly, the Sun 'n Sand Resort is very conveniently located near all things located/taking place in and around South Haven. Quite a number of the wedding guests said they are coming back to the area - and the resort - for future vacations

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at Sun 'n Sand and I highly recommend it! The staff were friendly and our room was great. The bed was very comfortable and it was so nice to have a mini fridge and sink to use. I loved all the thoughtful touches throughout the resort like the big pool towels, sand play area with toys, lawn chess, and multiple fire pits. The property is beautiful with lots of green grass for throwing a football around or just relaxing. The location is great too! We hit up Meijer (just two miles down the road) for some beach essentials before heading into nearby South Haven. We also had some delicious breakfast just down the road at a local restaurant and tried blueberry picking, also just a few miles away. Sun 'n Sand is a great place to relax with your family with tons of stuff to do nearby, or stay put and swim, roast marshmallows or listen to the bullfrogs in the beautiful pond. We will definitely be returning!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I brought my family here in July and we had the best time. Almost felt like a country club. Lots of land for kids to roam and the salt water pool is amazing. The grounds were very well maintained and felt very homey. Rooms were a bit smaller than expected but they felt like home away from home. This place doesn't feel like a hotel in the slightest. The staff was exceptional. Crystal at the front desk was so warm and kind. She checked on us often and went beyond what I'd expect out of someone working the front desk. The reason I'm only giving 4 stars is because the in-laws had an issue with their room and management was very cold and unwilling to work anything out the next morning. We didn't want a refund or anything, just that the issue be resolved but she didn't seem to care or put any effort into solving the problem. Overall, we had a lovely time and enjoyed what the place had to offer. Will return and hopefully the management issue was just a fluke.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2017

If you are looking for something that is not an off the interstate chain hotel this is it. It is a very nice old hotel. I like old things with lots of history so this was a good place for me. The bed was much more comfortable than I thought it was going to be, not hard or soft. The bathroom was nice and clean. I read a review that said you could hear through the walls. We stayed on the top floor of the beach house between 2 other rooms and I could not hear through the walls.
Other people staying there were very friendly. I think once you start going there it becomes the place you stay when you visit South Haven.
There was a salt water pool, a nice alternative to chlorine. The grounds were beautifully kept with plenty of flowers and trees.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank detelet
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Just stayed there with 2 other families. Everyone had a great time. The property is expansive and great for kids to run around. I know some complain about the room sizes...and they are small...but this is a beach town and most time is spent outdoors so I did not mind. The wrap around deck is great for chilling after a long day at the beach. The only complaint I would have is that at the Beach House I wish they would put Black Out shades in the room. We would return.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a little more room to spread out I would suggest getting two rooms side by side for a family of 4 with older kids.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
David K, Owner at Sun n Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you so much for your review, Carol! It is very meaningful to us to hear about your feedback and experiences at Sun 'n Sand Resort. Truth be told, we also love running around the resort grounds, no matter our age. We'll take a closer look at the angle of the morning sun in the Beach House and see how we can best darken it up for ya! Thank you again, and we can't wait to see you again when you return!