“Amazing”
Review of Sun n Sand Resort

Sun n Sand Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place is amazing, my sister and I stayed there for two nights and didn't want to leave. The front desk ladies were so nice and helpful. The rooms were neat and clean. The area was simply beautiful with the waterfall and huge sand box for kids. The salt water pool was even better to top things off. I will definitely return. It's my new place to stay when I go up to South Haven.

4  Thank Laura K

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The hotel has been recently renovated - everything is clean and fresh. The pool was amazing. Good location as well - close to South Haven and Saugatuk . The room was small but comfortable. The AC is a window unit. Pleanty of parking which is a plus. The hotel has a resort-like feel with bbq grills, patios, pond, sand lot for the kids to play in, etc The staff was nice too. We stayed in the Lake House where each room has it's own sliding glass door onto a deck with lawn chairs. Mattress was quite saggy but I would stay there again!

Room Tip: The room had an older sagging mattress...I'd ask for one with a newer one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy F
Reviewed July 16, 2012

If you want to spend some time in South Haven, this is a good choice and it's coming from a business traveler who's a bit of a hotel snob since I stay in 4-5 star hotels on an expense account. Now I'm not saying this is even close to a 4-5 star hotel but it's not bad. The rooms are small but for a weekend, who cares, you're at the beach all day anyways... Very nice staff who do need to become more familiar with the area. They have a very nice very clean pool that at 4:00 has a bar :-) and prove plenty of towels and noodles. They have 2 fire pits and provide everything you need, even the lighter and all sizes of wood to make a fire for smores etc... They have plenty of chairs to sit around on; including picnic tables and 2 BBQ charcoal grills too. They have a large area for kids to play in the sand and a cute little duck pond with a waterfall.
They are a mile from North Beach and 3 miles from South beach (I prefer South Beach). This is just a cute little place and I recommend it - have fun!

4  Thank meandminewtx
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Sun 'N Sand was a very cute hotel, and not at all a bad place to stay. The pool is great, staff helpful. Rooms are very small, but serviceable - just don't expect lots of amenities. Room air conditioner right at head of one bed in double room.
About 3 miles drive to beach access. Walking distance to one restaurant, coffee and muffins/doughnuts in hotel lobby/check in area each morning.

Room Tip: If traveling with family, get suite in beach house, if available. If not, double did have two queen...
2  Thank lhelou
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We are currently staying at a cottage room (1 br) at Sun and Sand resort and are very pleased! The rooms, although small, are a great price and are very clean. The beds are fluffy and amazing, I did not want to get up this morning! I loved that there is a small fridge and coffee maker in the room. The grounds are cute and very well looked after. The saltwater pool is fantastic and clean- the pool was the predominant reason we chose to stay here and we are happy we did! Also, the management is great- we did not get in until late last night but it was no problem, I simply called to get the room number and code and all was well. Would definitely stay again and recommend to our friends!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Becky15349
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I got away for a quick mini-vaca. I was very pleased with our stay. Our room was clean and just great to come back to after exploring and spending time at the beach. Just a short drive from town... And very affordable. Will come again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda R
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here over Memorial Day and had a great time. The room we had was in the main building on the second floor and cant say we had any complaints about it. As has been noted the rooms were small (kind of reminds me of a room on a cruise) but everything was working and no trouble with the A/C. Was not a fan of the fake fireplace and would like to see it go for more room and a picture.

The staff was very friendly and always ready to make you feal at home. They did appear to be a little overwhelmed at times and hope things will run more smoothly in the future.

My kid loved the pool an sand area which was fully stocked with toys and chairs. They even have a foot washing area near the large sand box over looking the lake. Croquet and volleyball were an option and we had a great fire in the fire pit at night. This reminded me of a smaller verison of family camp.

cons: Still some work to be done and the management appears to still be figuring out how to do things but their intentions are in the right place. Rooms are small but clean and new so if looking for more than a place to crash look elsewhere. No food onsite yet but plenty with in 5min drive.

We enjoyed ourselves and even rebooked when we were onsite. We have stayed in many of the hotels in South Haven and by far this was the one everyone wanted to come back to.

Room Tip: choose second floor not facing the road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Baymont Inn & Suites South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Sun n Sand Resort? Share your experiences!