“Great Stay with the Family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express South Haven

Holiday Inn Express South Haven
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Illinois
“Great Stay with the Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm usually a solo business traveler, but for this go round I was accompanied by the wife and two young kids (3 & 5), on a family vacation.
We arrived on a very rainy Sunday night to an obviously packed hotel. The front desk staff was great - even gave me bottled water and my pick from a "goodie basket" for being a platinum member. Our room was perfect - two queen beds, plus a large area with a desk and pull-out couch on the second floor.
Breakfast every morning was great, alternating between scrambled eggs/bacon & omelets/sausage. It is a lot easier to do it on your own while on business, but a lot more entertaining with two young kids. I'm sure I was quite entertaining to the rest of the guests, running back and forth to the pancake machine for the kids!
The hotel staff was excellent, whether front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, or anyone else. I spend 30+ nights a year in hotels, and very few can claim this level of service. Everyone employed here in July, 2013 give yourself a big pat on the back, you are doing an amazing job.
The property just underwent an extensive renovation in the Spring of 2013 (most of the pictures on Trip Advisor are now out-of-date) and looks brand new. My kids loved this place - they knew their way around by day two, and if they are happy, I'm in heaven. Thank you!
To top it all of, my 4 nights, in a suite, were completely free. IHG has an amazing points program, so if you travel at all, take advantage of it, as it will pay off very quickly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Otowners,

I am thrilled that you and your family were able to enjoy our hotel throughout your entire stay! Thank you for sharing your compliments! I will be sure to pass them along to my entire staff. It was a pleasure accommodating your family while on vacation. Also, thank you for noticing our recent renovations. A lot of hard work went into remodeling our hotel, and I'm happy we can share it with our guests. I'm glad you used your IHG Rewards points to stay in South Haven. Looking forward to your next stay!

Kevin Christians

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, great breakfast offerings, not hot tub but the pool is awesome, staff always ready and able to answer questions. Town and beach only a short distance away. Room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GD1962
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear GD1962,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel during your trip to South Haven! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express! I also want to thank you for your review about our hotel! Your compliments to our hotel and staff are greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you again soon!

Beebe, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

From Check in to Check out Staff was amazing. Room was great. Breakfast was great. Definitely will be back. Only 2 miles to downtown, 5 miles to Gingerman racetrack. Staff was great at suggestions for restaurants and kids activities

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanh50131433
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Joanh50131433,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments regarding our hotel and staff! We truly value our guests and strive to be a great hotel that our guests love. Comments like yours are a wonderful reminder as to why we do what we do! On behalf of my entire staff: Thank You!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very nice stay for couples... The breakfast was great..there was a hotel employee/lady that made sure everything was fresh, clean, and plentiful. Nice work!! I would stay here again we had a great trip and love the town of South Haven as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harry J
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Harry J,

Thank you for your compliments! I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your time, and breakfast, at our hotel! We hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

South Haven in the winter isn't the most pleasant of places as it is bitter cold, but we wound up there and this hotel was warm and inviting. The rooms were modern and clean and the front desk staff was pleasant. There was fruit in the lobby 24 hours a day and the warm complimentary breakfast was just what we needed before heading out into the cold.

Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Kurt R
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Kurt R,

Thank you for letting us know about how much you enjoyed your stay! I truly appreciate all of my guests' feedback, and am thrilled you were able to "warm up" at our hotel this Winter. You should definitely come check us out this Summer, and see everything South Haven has to offer!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Wakarusa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I went to South Haven for a short weekend away for our anniversary. My sister recommended the Holiday Inn Express and I am so happy she did. The staff was extremely friendly, the hotel was quiet, and the room was spotless. I am very particular about the cleanliness of hotel rooms and was unable to find anything wrong with the room. The free hot breakfast was also very good with a great deal of variety. We will definitely stay here again! The hotel is right on the highway and very easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lori A
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Lori A,

Happy Belated Anniversary! Also, please offer a big thank you to your sister for the recommendation! We are also very happy you chose to take her advice.

Similar to you, we are very particular about the cleanliness of our hotel and take great pride in the presentation of our property. Thank you for noticing and for your compliments!

Hope to see you again soon!

Franklin, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Kevin C. helped me plan for 36 senior adults to come for the Tulip Festival. We were given a excellant rate and treated like kings and queens. The staff was excellant and helpful with every question we had. Everything was very clean. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hester C
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Hester C,

Thank you so much for the compliments and kind words regarding our property! We were happy to be your host during your visit to the Tulip Time Festival. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your group had such a great time!

Hopefully we will see you again next year, if not sooner!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Haven
The Last Resort B & B Inn
The Last Resort B & B Inn
#7 of 16 in South Haven
4.5 of 5 stars 204 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express South Haven? Share your experiences!