“Great place to stay in South Haven”

Holiday Inn Express South Haven
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was a "girlfriends" trip to the wineries and shops in the South Haven area. We had one of their 2 Queen Suite rooms and it worked out really well for 4 ladies traveling together. This room had some extra space with a table for 2 and a love seat (that would make another bed) and coffee table. We were able to pull the table to the love seat and it worked fine for playing cards. The bathroom had a full length vanity that held everyone's stuff and 2 extra mirrors out in the room made make-up and hair time a lot easier. They have a great breakfast with lots of choices like pancakes, eggs, biscuits & gravy, etc. The friendly staff keeping everything refilled and neat. The beds were comfy. The room was very clean. Our only negative was the fan in the bathroom that made a horrible racket when turned on for someone to shower. Nice location also with easy access to the freeway and local restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 1963corvette
Kevin C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

1963corvette,

I truly appreciate your comments. Thank you for your compliments! I'm thrilled that our hotel helped make a great vacation for you and your friends!

Come back and see us!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express South Haven

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This group of people are fantastic. I did not meet a bad one in the bunch. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff. Look, they know that there hall carpet needs replaced, but you don't will stay here again when I come back to South Haven sleep in the hall. The beds were comfortable,The rooms were clean. Good breakfast. Scrambled eggs with biscuts and gravy along with pancakes and Egg omelets the next. What more could you ask for.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ezra63

Gjason G,

We take great pride in our ability to provide excellent customer service for all of our guests. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your experience!

Also, new carpet is coming this Winter!

Looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

No, its not one of those fabulous B&B's near Lake Michigan, but for what it is - - a chain hotel on the other side of the highway, this is one of the best. Newly remodeled (with the new room furniture soon to be installed) with great service and looking to please staff, this Holiday Inn Express is a leader in its category. We were upgraded to a suite because of our Priority Club status and the room was clean, quiet, and offered plenty of space. There was plenty of parking and the hot breakfasts were as advertised. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RJIL

RJIL,

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade as a Priority Club member!

Our new furniture is on its way!

Come back and check us out again!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Holiday Inn Express, was average nothing fancy nothing plain. Although customer service was excellent, every person working there was nice, friendly, helpful and Smiling (this seems to have gone by the way side in alot of places) They truly acted as though they enjoyed their jobs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

bsbeehler,

On behalf of my entire staff, it was our pleasure to serve you. We take pride in what we do and like to share our passion with our guests. Thank you for your compliments!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went here on a last minute trip and when they had only one room left, Kevin allowed us to use our priority club points plus some cash to book the last room and then bonused us with a super nice upgrade! The hotel is lovely but the service is spectacular. I travel quite a bit for business and have always been a loyal Marriott cardholder. Holiday Inn will be my go-to hotel in the future :-)

Room Tip: we were on the back side of the hotel, 3rd floor up, away from the road, but any room would be fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Searching3,

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our property! The pleasure was all mine to accommodate your last minute needs!

I look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Having stayed here a few years ago, but never really dazzled, I hadn't been back in a while. However, I gave this property another chance in July 2012 (about 18 months after my most recent stay to this hotel), and I am very glad I tried them again. The remodeling is complete, the rooms are beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The last time I had stayed here was in early 2011 when the Holiday Inn sign was still the purple-and-orange logo, now the new green "swish" logo should tell you something. THey've updated everything, including the staff. The staff are now mostly the "good" people that used to work at the Hampton across the street.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JuniorJuniorBuckeye

JuniorJuniorBuckeye,

I am so happy you decided to give us a second chance! I would also like to add that we are currently in our last phase of renovations right now. We will be replacing all the carpet and furniture throughout our hotel!

I believe you will be even more amazed the next time you join us!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn and on my return home realized I had left my purse in the room. I called the hotel and they immediately went to the room and found my purse. It arrived safely in the mail with everything in it, including my gift cards. Thanks so much for the fast service.

Also, the hotel rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaddieDog13

MaddieDog13,

I'm glad we were able to return your purse and all your belongings back to you! I am a firm believer in that "honesty is the best policy." Thank you for your comments!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Best Western Plaza Hotel Saugatuck

Been to Holiday Inn Express South Haven? Share your experiences!