“Worth the wait”

Sherman's Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in South Haven
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A traditional counter service ice cream shop serving all the ice cream delights from cones to sundaes, shakes, and our famous Pig's Dinner. In the peak season we serve over 50 different flavors. Our shop is open March through October. If you are in the South Haven, MI area please stop by and try our delicious ice cream.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We passed the many other enticing ice cream and sweets shops to stop at Sherman's before leaving South Haven. The place was packed on a sunny Saturday afternoon. We grabbed a number, and had about 20 to wait before ours was called. It gave us some time to ponder over the plethora of ice cream choices (and yes, I know what a plethora is Amigos). I really wanted something fruity but also with chocolate. My first thought was a double scoop, maybe of blackberry and then of chocomania, until I saw the size of just a single scoop. Wow, they pack on the ice cream. Then I found the perfect flavor for the day-black raspberry supreme. It was delicious raspberry with swirls of rich, dark chocolate fudge. It was a meal in itself. I can see why people were lined up inside and out for their ice cream. I can see why they get the ratings they receive. Don't leave South Haven without it. They make their ice cream, and it's fantastic!

1  Thank Jim B

Reviewed August 18, 2014

All I can say is if you like ice cream, and even if you don't, this is a must stop. May I recommend the baby size unless you are really hungry!!! My husband had bacon ice cream, yes I did say bacon. It was kind of good in a weird sort of way. Long lines can sometimes be the case, but worth it.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Wonderful choices, made onsite, many different kinds. My favorite, non-duplicatable elsewhere is Mackinac Island Fudge. Even their "baby" size is large.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I am never disappointed. I just love their ice cream. I have been going here since I was a kid. The portions are unbelievable so don't order on an empty stomach.

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I would make the trip back to South Haven just to have some ice cream from Sherman's. If you're in the area, you have to stop at Sherman's.