“A trip to South Haven isn't complete without a stop at Sherman's Dairy Bar!”

Sherman's Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in South Haven
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A traditional counter service ice cream shop serving all the ice cream delights from cones to sundaes, shakes, and our famous Pig's Dinner. In the peak season we serve over 50 different flavors. Our shop is open March through October. If you are in the South Haven, MI area please stop by and try our delicious ice cream.
Portage, Michigan
“A trip to South Haven isn't complete without a stop at Sherman's Dairy Bar!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This place is always packed but so very worth it! We love the seasonal flavors and well as the usual stand by ones!! Love Sherman's!!

• Visited June 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cute place. Not good ice cream.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Have been to several Sherman ice cream places in Michigan. Quality of ice cream is quite unextrordinary. Cincinnati's Graeters and United Dairy Farmers beat Sherman's, hands down.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Yummy Ice Cream”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stopped at Sherman's Dairy Bar after a long day of beach bumming. Sherman's ice cream is available in many places throughout the city, but for the original Sherman's dairy bar experience you need to head outside of the downtown area to visit this quaint little shop. It is in an older looking building with a big blue cow on the roof. Once inside, there had to be over 30 different flavors to chose from. The staff was very pleasant and let you sample the flavors. It is important to keep in mind that the portions are massive. I ordered a double scoop because I couldn't decide between two flavors and there was no way that I could every possibly finish all that ice cream without getting sick to my stomach. Everything was delicious, but the cookies and cream was definitely my favorite. I couldn't stop eating it!

Visited June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“We didn't believe you!!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Yes, all the other reviews you read are accurate. This place is unbelievable and if you love a particular flavor you could kill yourself eating it. They definitely have the ability to please every taste bud you ever thought about having. Yes, you want to come back and get another "fix", but don't do it. Well, maybe every couple of days. It is deliciious! They have wonderful service and if you are a closet ice cream lover, get ready for a lifetime of temptation. I would like to get a large just one time!!!! But I'd have to get inside a box to eat it. Maybe a banana split!!! Think I could handle it. But then I saw one and I don't think anyone could do it. Glad I'm going to be here a month.... I plan to go back and evaluate one more time....maybe 2....however long it takes.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank skylady158
Chicago, Illinois
“Great customer service is the Best Topping on this ice cream story”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stopped at Sherman's Dairy Bar In South Haven on a very busy Memorial Day weekend Saturday afternoon for ice cream, which is a landmark ice cream shop with more flavors than I have ever seen. The portions are gigantic and the ice cream was very good. But what separated this experience for me more than anything else was the extraordinary level of service that the server went to when I told her that we had a nut allergy and asked to have the scooper washed off to avoid contamination from ice cream that has nuts.

Instead of merely washing off the scooper, the young lady went into the back and brought out two unopened boxes of ice cream and two new scoopers, and proceeded to give us our cones fresh from these new boxes to avoid ANY possible contamination from nuts. This is the first time anyone has every gone to this extraordinary level of service and it was very much appreciated, particulary with the size of the crowd in the shop at the time.

Oh yes, the ice cream was excellent too--Chocolate Malt Supreme and Strawberry. And lest anyone question why strawberry with all of those special flavors available, the answer is simple...I like strawberry!

• Visited May 2013