“Ice Cream”

Sherman's Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in South Haven
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A traditional counter service ice cream shop serving all the ice cream delights from cones to sundaes, shakes, and our famous Pig's Dinner. In the peak season we serve over 50 different flavors. Our shop is open March through October. If you are in the South Haven, MI area please stop by and try our delicious ice cream.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Wow, just what we wanted. A ice cream shop that isn't name brand and has a hometown atmosphere. We were delighted with the offerings. I am not sure if it is still open, we hope it is so the next time we are in the area we would go there.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We go to Sherman's often during the summer months...nice place to enjoy excellent ice cream and cool off! Stay cool indoors or enjoy your ice cream outside on picnic tables. More flavors than you can shake a stick at!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Always a treat, reminds me of the way we used to get ice cream. Weekly specials, since we live hear we watch for our favorite Almond Joy Sunday....never disappoints! There is a line most days but worth the wait and most folks are polite....lots of choices so it takes a while for a family to get an order in!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was a chilly, rainy Sunday afternoon, yet Sherman's was packed. Lots of people in front of us and they all seemed to be buying cones PLUS quarts and gallons "to go". There were many flavors to choose from, and many people were ordering the pumpkin ice cream. I ordered a single scoop of "coconut almond fudge" in a waffle cone and the serving size turned out to be actually closer to 3 scoops. I didn't mind because it was loaded with fresh coconutty yumminess. My husband ordered a butterscotch sundae with cookie dough ice cream, and he enjoyed it very much. The ice cream is super fresh: smooth, rich and creamy. They have something for everyone: we saw lots of families, older couples, and 3 carloads of teenagers who all arrived together. There is plenty of indoor seating with booths and tables (and some picnic tables outdoors, too). The decor is classic: wallpaper with a cow border and lots of photos from the early days of Sherman's line the walls. Look for the bright blue cow on the roof.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Sherman's, Sherman's, Sherman's, where do I begin? Every time we've gone they're packed, but that's because they have the best ice cream around! They use the "pull a ticket" system so things move pretty quickly. Don't be put off by the line, they'll call your number before you can decide on one of their delicious flavors! The staff is very friendly and more than willing to give recommendations.

The servings are ridiculous. I swear, I think their one scoop is the equivalent of three scoops. Huge servings.

Last time we went I tried their new pretzel cone by Snyder with Chocolate Covered Pretzel ice cream. So. Good. Ah, I can't wait until we go again next year.