“Quick Food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Captain Nemos
Ranked #3 of 7 Dessert in South Haven
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, Indiana
“Quick Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went for dinner but most of the crowd came in for ice cream. We got our food pretty quickly. I had a chicken pita in strawberry sauce that was sweet but good. My husband and son had burgers. The food was pretty good but the restaurant could have been a little cleaner.

Visited July 2013

chicago
“Great Diner Food, Really Good Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was in town and happened upon Captain Nemos. I thought the food was very good and was very reasonably priced. My son had pancakes and bacon and I had a patty melt with fries. I asked the waitress how the patty melt was and she said really good and she was not lying, it was one of the very best I have ever had. Yes, they were a little slow cleaning off the tables but they do get busy. I can't understand how reviewers have stated that this place is over priced? We ordered a short stack with bacon, patty melt with fries, he had milk and I had coffee and then he got two scoops of ice cream and total bill was $19. We are from Chicago and the breakfast place my son loves to go to normally runs us $17 for same short stack, bacon and milk and I usually just get a cup of soup and coffee, so I thought the $19 bill at Nemos was great.

I will definitely put this on my list of places to go in South Haven.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mandiero
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Prices, Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I LOVE Captain Nemo's! We've been going there for years, and we've never had a bad experience. Yes it gets crazy busy sometimes, but that's only because they have fantastic food and ice cream. I love talking to the staff; they're always fun and friendly. The owner is a wonderful woman named Laura, and she makes time to talk to us whenever we come in.

This place has the best chicken wrap I've ever had, period, and the ice cream is out of this world--made right there in town! For the people who think this place is dirty: keep in mind that they can get busy, and might not be able to wipe a table before you seat yourself since they don't have hosts/hostesses. If you ask them to wipe the table, they will cheerfully do so.

For the people who think it's over priced--have you actually been to any place besides fast food lately? Captain Nemo's is one of the most economical restaurants that doesn't have a drive-thru window, and the portions are HUGE.

As for rude staff, I've never seen a single rude person working there. If you give the person helping you a smile, you will get one back. Remember that these servers are people too, and if you're mean to them, they will be upset. They're busy every single night during the summer, and a smile from you will go a long way for them. There's never any reason to be mean. If they're busy, it's just because they have the best stuff around.

All in all, if you go to South Haven and don't go to Nemo's, you've missed the second best part (after North Beach, of course).

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Twyla L
“Dirty place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Nasty place. Dirty tables, sticky floor. Greasy food. Needs better management. Workers seemed overwhelmed.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bloomington, IL
“Fun place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went for lunch and everyone liked their food. I had a great chicken bacon ranch wrap. We were full so we went back the next night for ice cream. The butter pecan was very good.

Visited June 2013