“Mexican with a Twist”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Mexican with a Twist”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We visited this restaurant after competing in a run to South Haven, Michigan. We are fans of guacamole and their was great. Not the typical guac, but tasted fresh and home made. The salsas also seemed fresh, home made and more flavorful than in a typical Mexican restaurant. My main dish was flavorful and served hot. Service was a bit slow, but they were extremely busy and the staff never seemed to slow down bussing and setting tables. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely dine with them again!

• Visited April 2014

Michigan
“Good authentic Mexican fare”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

SuCasa is great for fresh authentic Mexican food. They do get very busy so patience is a must. Staff does out of their way to b please. I can also find lots of vegetarian choices! A huge plus!

• Visited April 2014
South Bend, Indiana
“Quick Snack”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Here the week before Christmas, we stopped in for a snack mid-afternoon. We split the steak nachos which was more like a meal. Pleasant wait-staff, nice atmosphere.

Visited December 2013
Saginaw
“quiet, friendly, tasty!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Authentic Mexican food, nicely prepared, wide variety of choices; open late for the movie goers to stop in, as it is right next door to the theater. While not the very best Mexican food I've ever had, it was quite good. Staff is very friendly, and our server had one of the nicest smiles I've seen in quite a while. Worth the visit!

• Visited October 2013
“Great Mexican Food!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food here is excellent. This is one of the best meals we have had in a Mexican Restaurant. I had the enchiladas with mole' sauce and my wife had the fajitas. We both really enjoyed the food. Good portions, great tasting, I could not eat all mine; however, I kept eating until I just could not eat anymore. I think a lot of Mexican restaurants overcook their mole' sauce, this was perfect and had a nice amount of spice heat to it. Beans and rice were good flavor as well.

Chips are homemade and they are just okay. You get a complementary serving and pay for additional baskets of chips. I suggest management consider offering a serving of their homemade and then bring out the store bought to continue complimentary, like most Mexican restaurants. We agree with other reviewers that the guacamole dip is excellent, again, some of the best we have eaten. The salsa and sauces were just okay - get the avocado dip!

Several of the reviews talk about how the service is slow. On the night we were at Su Casa they were busy but the food and drinks came within a reasonable time frame. They are not in a big hurry around there but that is okay - relax. This is a nice place to enjoy a great dinner. It is a little loud in the restaurant when they are busy but it is a great place to share a great dinner with friends and family!

This is one of our new favorite places to eat in South Haven.

• Visited October 2013