“Not so good”

The Golden Brown Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in South Haven
Reviewed June 14, 2013

You wait here in line for just ok donuts and soggy pies that are overpriced and not worth the wait. Coffee takes forever, not to mention latte.
ZB

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great Breakfast and Lunch - Very reasonable prices. The bakery is hard to leave as everything we tried was absolutely great. The apple strudel was the best I've had.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I absolutely LOVED this bakery! I myself am a self-made baker and appreciate walking in and knowing that this indeed isn't a mock "homemade" bakery. Everything was fresh and the cashier said nothing is out of a box. We went online and got a few coupons; one for a buy one get one 1/2 off any loaf of bread and buy 8 donuts and get 4 free (we're using that one before we leave here). We tried the maple walnut roll and the chocolate covered cream-filled long john (so bad for you but it tasted soooo good)!

I recommend anyone staying out here for vacation to visit and stock up on some delicious homemade bread and sweets. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is the place in South Haven for excellent pastries or home down breakfast. Can't go wrong here and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have never see this volume of selection in such a small town. We stopped in to see South Haven after having moved away over 30 years ago and remember their always being a bakery in that spot. All their products are baked on site. My wife had a blueberry scone and I had a cranberry scone. These were light and puffy, not like your typical scone. It was hard to decide because everything looked so enviting. We sat in the cfe and Te our scones with a cup of coffee and a chai latte. They were so good that we stopped on the way out and bought an eclair and a cheese coffee cake. Oh so good. Don't miss this bakery on your next visit to South Haven.