All reviews harbor view room brew pub living area small balcony walking distance my husband and i off season huge bonus very nice place to stay beautiful room perfect location fridge and microwave maritime museum hot tub long weekend downtown fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2016

The Inn is conveniently located in the heart of downtown and only a 15 minute walk to the lighthouse/beach. There are plenty of restaurants within a few minutes walk and casual waterfront dining within steps. We stayed in Room #4 which is categorized as a Downtown View. Room #4 must be in queue for a remodel because it was unimpressive, dated, worn and the downtown view description is not what you might expect. When comparing other options e.g. Holiday Inn Express, Old Harbor was slightly more expense by ~$30 per night but the extra cost and dated room was a trade-off I'd do again in exchange for the location.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank oldcityfl
Leah S, Guest Relations Manager at Old Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2016

I would say your assessment is fair, and you are right, we do continually upgrade and refurbish. This room does offer peeks of the harbor and a bit more private location which many guests like. Online reservations are convenient, but we advise first time guests to call us so we can help them choose the best available room that suits their needs, budget and preferences. All in all we are glad you enjoyed your stay in South Haven!

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

The rooms were spotless, the front desk was kind and helpful, and there are not screens on the windows that DON'T lock. We had a lovely stay in room 26, which is right above the wine bar. We never heard any noise from them. Friends stayed in room 1, which is the "econo" and located on the first floor. They heard some street noise, but nothing too disturbing. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds, pillows, and towels. My only concern would be the Windows don't lock.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

I was disappointed to have booked my stay online in January and then arrive in July to a room I can only describe as "90's Lighthouse Nightmare". Seriously, there was lighthouse wallpaper covering every square inch of the room. And a lighthouse border. And lighthouse switch covers. And lighthouse pictures. And a lighthouse shower curtain. And lighthouse pillows. And a lighthouse paper towel holder. And lighthouse coasters. It was as if every single body of water ever hosting a lighthouse upon its shore synchronously gulped and vomited them all into this room. Room #21 for those wanting to avoid waking up with a lighthouse hangover.
I had no choice but to set out on a mission to determine if every other occupant was subjected to this same lighthouse brainwashing. A little stealthy stalking of the housekeeping staff revealed that I alone had been singled out to suffer this miserable fate.
I inquired at the desk. "What horrifying treatment had I engendered to cause my placement in what was surely one of Dante's rings of Hell?" The woman at the desk replied that basically chance and abysmally bad luck was to blame for my horrifying fate. With no other vacancy in the inn I pleaded for some small remuneration as I had paid a very handsome price for 8 nights of hell. I was denied.
Oh, did I mention the red carpet? Probably from all the bleeding eyeballs from anyone who has ever walked into this room.
My advice? Save yourself! Specify NO ROOM #21!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank VitaminDneeded

While we will never be cookie cutter, we are working toward greater consistency. That said, this is currently a one of a kind room, which once in awhile evokes a "love it or hate it" experience. We also have several guests who request this room because they like the nautical feel when they are staying at the lake. If you believe yourself to also be "lighthouse adverse", call us and talk to us when you make your reservation. We are well versed about each and every room and I guarantee we desire to match you up to best available room that fits your preferences, needs and budget! We want 45 rooms of happy guests each and every day!

Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in room 31 which is a corner room overlooking the Black River. We were pleasantly surprised with our room! We usually rent a condo. This room definitely works for a few days stay. It has a kitchenette which is helpful. The only complaint would be a slow moving drain in the bathtub. Would definitely come back!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you! Our Harbor View rooms with private balconies are a great escape for a few days. Enjoy your morning coffee as you watch harbor wake up. Read a book and enjoy the afternoon breeze. After venturing out for a great dinner and stunning sunset, end the day with a glass of wine or a brew, (our corner of Michigan is famous for both) and watch the lights dance on the water. A day watching the boats slip past, the ducks swim and the birds fly is a day well spent!

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

This location was perfect! We had a city view room that accommodated our family of 4. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to go. Our bed was very comfortable and our kids had a pull out that worked great! We will most definitely be staying here the next time we visit SoHa!!

Trip type: Traveled with family

SoHa is great! Our beaches are fabulous. Our sunsets are spectacular. The atmosphere is casual and laid back. But what matters most is how South Haven makes you feel. It's your time to create memories! When you check out, our goal is for you to leave with happy memories spent with those you love most! And of course to come back for more!