Old Harbor Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in South Haven
See available hotels
Hotel Nichols(South Haven)
Good 3.5/5
Sun n Sand Resort(South Haven)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsharbor view roomsound machinesmall balconymy husband and isummer ratesoff seasonwithin walking distancesouth beachenjoyed our staybed was comfortablebeautiful roommemorial day weekendperfect locationmaritime museumidlernoisedowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights, right on the Black River, downtown South Haven, lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Location is about all this hotel has going for it, in the room we had if we walked barefoot or in socks our feet would be black, pretty nasty. Not the friendliest of service either.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Ian B
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I called concerning availability, even after reading the poor reviews found here at Trip Advisor. The individual answering the phone was rather short, however giving her the benefit of the doubt and unaware of what was happening on the other end, I went continued. Abruptly she put me on hold. Crappy hold music by the way. Never came back, I gave up after 5 minutes. Deal is this, you never know who your customer is, planning a retreat and had interest in multiple weekends and many many rooms. Oh well........at least we found out now.

Room Tip: A room up the street.....
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank KaufmannBellevue_MI
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a Harbor View room in the "off season". The prices were more reasonable than staying in downtown Saugatuck and had the same advantage to walk to bars and restaurants. The hotel as a whole is "older" but the room we stayed in was completely renovated! I have NEVER smelled a room that smelled so fresh. As a "neat freak" and "smell freak" this was a HUGE bonus. I usually bring my own blanket because hotel comforters are disgusting. The comforter on this bed was freshly washed and smelled like fabric softener (just like at home). Nice big king bed with sheets that had a high thread count, very soft and smelled fresh. Bed was very comfortable. The whole room, including bathroom was very clean. The balcony was small, but was fine. I would definately recommend this hotel. The staff are very friendly and if you call to make your reservation, instead of doing it on line you can talk them and tell them what you are looking for and they will put you in a nice room. We liked it so much-we are going back this weekend! The bar in the hotel (Yorks Landing) has entertainment on Saturday nites with $2 bottles of beer. We were there for 5 hours and our bill only came to $40. BONUS!!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie T
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Peaceful quiet retreat. We had a harbor view room, beautifully furnished and included mini fridge and microwave. Extremely clean too. Nearby --within walking distance are shops and restaurants, plus a movie theater. Small indoor pool and hot tub with adult only hours from 9-11pm. We went the weekend after Thanksgiving with another couple who had been before. The one minor inconvenience--temporary--is the the road in front of the property was torn up. We had to walk about a block, but were given 10% off our rate in compensation--without having to ask.

Room Tip: The harbor view was excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelsie05
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Wow...I have never been so underwhelmed....we went on what was supposed to be a romantic weekend and paid megabucks for a dumpy room with torn upholstery down to the foam rubber, a balcony the size of a postage stamp and rude workers who acted put out. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. The lady at the front desk acted very snotty when I could not find the room that was not even in the Old Harbor area. She was rude and unfriendly. We got soaked close to two hundred dollars for a room that should have been less than a hundred. Location is one thing but a complete RIP OFF is another! I have stayed at many places that were waterfront and this one was definitely the worst value of any. Go elsewhere and don't even think of having this be a special retreat. What a dump!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple