“Our Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Haven
Carriage House at the Harbor
Ranked #4 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This us a great B&B in Southwest Michigan. We liked it so much that we made reservations for a June anniversary getaway. It is on a harbor and across the street from Lake Michigan.
South Haven has beaches, good restaurants, shopping and a theatre allclose to theCarriage House. Oh, and the Breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are good, but a room with a Jacuzzi in the tub is really great!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert G

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm not the "bed and breakfast" type of person. My husband and I were given the May 3-5, 2013 weekend trip as a birthday present. The bed was very comfortable, the food was fabulous, and the people who run the property were very efficient and kind. If you want privacy, you can get it.

I wasn't expecting the beautiful location. You can look out your window at big boats in the harbor or walk one block and be on the sandy beaches of Lake Michigan. We went to the beach for a sunset and glass of wine but forgot the corkscrew. It literally took my husband 3 minutes to go back to the b & b and get the corkscrew. The location was such an amazing surprise. Loved our weekend there!!

Room Tip: You don't even have to bring games, wine glasses, corkscrew, etc.....
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vacati0nGirl62
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first time at a bed and breakfast and we loved it! The Carriage House is beautiful, comfortable and accommodating to all our needs. The breakfast was incredible. The house overlooks the harbor and is just a few minutes from town and the beach. We couldn't have asked for a better time!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the White Chapel room. It was spacious, comfortable bed and had a great spa tub!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CHRISLYN R
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Service, location, food, amenities, etc. Clean and complete. All were grand. Walking distance to the beach, marina, parks & neighborhood. Owners were very helpful with suggestions for dinner. We'll be back, again and again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank newsdigger
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I came to the Carriage House by myself on a mini retreat. It was fab! I searched on TripAdvisor beforehand to get some recommendations for B&B's and this one ended up on top of my list. I took advantage of the winter special ($140/night for any room). From the moment I arrived the Inn Keeper, Amy, was such a doll! This was my first time staying in a B&B and I will definitely recommend this place AND will be coming back with my boyfriend next time! I stayed for 3 days and had the best adventure yet! I chose to stay in the Dorsey Room (so cute and charming, perfect for one person). Its on the top floor so the noise level was very minimal, I didn't have to worry about others making noise above me. The bed was super comfortable, not to hard or soft just right. Breakfast was AMAZING...Amy, you know how to cook girl! I like the setting of how breakfast was set up...since I was alone I sat with a very nice couple who ironically didn't live that far away from where I live in the Chicagoland area, mingling is nice.
Anywho...the owners of the Carriage House were so sweet and knew the area of South Haven and Saugutak very well...they recommended some great places for me to go visit during my stay. Because i visited during the winter months not many places were open BUT I didn't care because I got to see the Lighthouse! This is a must an as an aspiring photographer this made my trip! I'll be back but during summer, :)!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank dclement04
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I had a simply awesome time here for 3 nights. David and Amy treated us like family and when you stay at a B & B thats how you want to be treated. Breakfasts were very nice and we met many other travelers. We hope to get back in the summer and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful winter getaway at the Carriage House B & B. Everything was perfect. The room was so comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was fantastic. The location is perfect. And the hosts were extremely helpful and friendly. Wonderful view from our room of the harbor. South Haven is such a great little town, but shhhhhh.... Don't tell anyone. I can't say enough good things about the Carriage House and the town of South Haven.

• Stayed: February 2013
Castle in the Country Bed & Breakfast Inn
Seymour House
Seymour House
#3 of 16 in South Haven

Been to Carriage House at the Harbor? Share your experiences!