“Better than expected”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2010

The restaurant looks nice from the outside na done would expect decent food. We were surprised by a wonderful meal. The fries are homemade and fantastic. They have a lot of great menu items.

Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband and I ate dinner their one night and we both ate the beer battered perch. It was amazing. I don't eat a whole lot of fish but this was mouth watering. They even make their own home made tartar sauce and bbq chips!

Reviewed September 28, 2009

We had a late dinner at the Thirsty Perch Grill and were very pleased. Being late, there were not very many people dining and we were given wonderful attention from the staff, which could spoil us for a return trip. They have absolutely wonderful fried mushrooms with a fabulous sauce. Our entire dinner was enjoyable and we'd go back when again in South Haven.

Reviewed August 31, 2009

This restaurant continues to maintain a high standard. Service is prompt and curteous, and the food is very good. By big town standards the restaurant would probably score a bit above average, but in South Haven it's truly the best.

Reviewed August 7, 2009

Really, I think "just fine" is fair. The server was nice. The food was pretty good. It was all fairly priced, but not cheap. (The perch dinners were about $18 each.) The food was mostly VERY battered and VERY fried.

Beer selection was good. There were groups of adults drinking beer but also families with kids and the mix seems fine.

Since lots of restaurants in SH have views, it's worth noting this one is on a busy street with no view.

I'd eat here again, but I can't say I'd go out of my way to do it.

1  Thank calebindiana