“Best oysters in-town !!!”

Thirsty Perch Grill
Ranked #49 of 70 Restaurants in South Haven
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Sleepy Hollow, Illinois
“Best oysters in-town !!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Oyster bar was both entertaining and delicious. Oysters shucked while-you-watch. Most restaurants served sub-par Blue Points but Thirsty Perch serves three types of fresh oysters, inspected and shucked on the spot. Many less experienced oyster bars don't know how to check for bad ones and serve them anyways. Great service, acceptable prices and good, causal atmosphere.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dave_And_Dawn_143

Indianapolis, IN
“Better food at Cap'n Dick's”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very disappointed in the food offered. The restaurant had been recommended by our B&B innkeeper but would not return.
The menu was a bit limited in choices. OK, if you are only interested in fish dinners but even then, I felt the menus were a bit uninspiring.
My wife had never tried perch before and after having theirs said "guess that was an experiment gone wrong". I had decided on one of their hamburgers with blue cheese topping. The burger was good but I felt it was a bit over priced for the quality I received. The fries that came with the burger were not crisp, mushy and not fully cooked, plus they tasted a bit fishy, as if they had been cooked in the same oil as the fish.
The service was good but the place was virtually empty when we arrived at 7:30 pm, which should have told us something, right from the start.
We would recommend passing this restaurant by and go to either a Subway or a McDonald's instead.

• Visited October 2013
“Wouldn't eat if it was the last place on earth”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Went in to sit at the bar one night and have a cocktail. Saw they had a "raw bar" they were offering to the 6 people in the place. First of all Im not gonna eat anything raw that had to travel by plane and or truck to get to me. Obviously not fresh. I asked the bartender how often they sell the raw bar and she told me not that often . Sometimes lots of people eat it other times no one eats it. Right after that someone from the kitchen came out and began putting all the "raw"seafood in to go boxes so they could save it for another day. I was stunned. Ill pass!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mamck27
“Ok Food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you are having the Perch, get the pan fried perch NOT the beer battered perch, which tastes like batter, not perch. Good local beers available. Friendly service.

Visited August 2013
“Very different from last time”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We returned to the restaurant this year, having had a great meal there two years ago. First night we tried there was an hour wait. We made reservations for the next night and were seated right away. The place has been redecorated to a more formal style, but they still had my daughters favorite Mac and Cheese. The menu is pretty limited, so you had better like seafood. They altered some dishes for my vegetarian daughter. Our server was attentive. Fish and chips were great, they split the plate for my other daughter and I. You could choose whitefish or cod. Too full for desert.

• Visited August 2013